- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ancient Hanoi
- Halong Bay cruise
- Colonial Hoi An
- Mekong Delta homestay & boat trip
This 16-day Vietnam and Cambodia tour highlights both country's most popular attractions, as we learn more about its rich history and unique culture.
The Vietnam leg of this tour starts in the busy capital city of Hanoi, taking in its unique street food cuisine and marveling at its century-old architecture. We can join the local's for some early morning Tai Chi before we board a traditional junk boat, exploring the stunning limestone, rainforest islands in Halong Bay.
An overnight sleeper train takes us to Hue City, before we explore the ancient town of Hoi An, taking in its traditional architecture and browsing through its villages famed for its carpentry and pottery trade. After spending some time in Hoi An, we'll take a short flight to Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon as it's popularly known as, which serves as the business hub of Vietnam. It's here where'll enjoy one of the main highlights of our Vietnam holiday - a vintage Vespa tour through the bustling city, where we'll try its unique eats, drinks and enjoy some live entertainment.
Our last activity in Vietnam takes us to the Mekong Delta, where we'll spending some time with a local fisherman and his family. Here, we'll try to catch Elephant ear fish and learn how to cook traditional Vietnamese meals.
We'll travel back to Ho Chi Minh city, as we cross the border to Cambodia's capital of Phnom Penh, as we visit the Toul Sleng Prison Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. Our time in Phnom Penh also sees us visit the Royal Palace, its Silver Pagoda and the National Museum.
After spending time in Phnom Penh, we'll head to Siem Reap, as we journey into the Kulen Mountains for an overnight stay with a local family who will guide us to waterfalls and animal statues in its surrounding forest, before visiting the temples of Angkor Wat and the jungle temple of Ta Prohm.
Finally we head out on an evening street food walk through Siem Reap's Pub Street - famed for its food stalls, cafes, restaurants, and friendly bars and pubs.
Day 1 : Arrive into Hanoi
Day 2 : Hanoi, full day city tour
Day 3 : Drive to Halong Bay for overnight cruise
Day 4 : Morning swim, afternoon return to Hanoi
Day 5 : Arrive in Hue, city tour
Day 6 : Drive the Hai Van Pass to Hoi An, city tour
Day 7 : Bicycle tour to Tra Que village
Day 8 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), city tour
Day 9 : Mekong Delta and Vinh Long homestay
Day 10 : Mekong Delta tours, return to Ho Chi Minh
Day 11 : Heading to Phomh Penh
Day 12 : A city tour of Phnom Penh
Day 13 : Through Cambodia to Siem Reap
Day 14 : Exploring the beauty of Kulen
Day 15 : A sightseeing tour of Angkor and an evening street food walk
Day 16 : Your Cambodian adventure comes to an end. Hotel to airport transfer included
- 11-nights accommodation in 3-4-star hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Transport and transfers in private AC car/minibus
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Internal flight from Danang to Ho Chi Minh
- Services of local tour guides during sightseeing and activities
- 1 night on Halong Bay junk boat
- 1 night on Reunification Express sleeper train
- 2 nights in simple homestays
- Admission fees, with instruction where necessary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visas fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (required if same-sex room shares not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Optional tours
- Tips for tour guides and drivers
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 134 today.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam & Cambodia Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 18 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Vietnam & Cambodia Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam & Cambodia Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.