- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This combination trip includes our most popular itinerary in Cambodia along with one of our favourite new itineraries.
- Experience local life during homestays in Da Bac and the Mekong Delta. Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal.
- Cruise the sea of the limestone karst studded Halong Bay
- Spend a day in Hue, touring the city's sights on a motorbike, cruising down Perfume River and eating lunch at a serene nunnery
Vibrant Vietnam, charismatic Cambodia, beguiling Bangkok; this journey covers the very best of South East Asia. From the graceful elegance of Hanoi, across the serene beauty of Halong Bay, to the quaint charms of Hoi An and the frenetic energy of Ho Chi Minh City, experience ancient customs and delicious cuisine while travelling through the heart of Vietnam. Embark on an exciting tour down the Mekong River to Phnom Penh, and spend several days exploring the enigmatic temples of Angkor Wat. The bright lights of Bangkok are the ideal way to cap off this South East Asian adventure.
Cat Ba Island
Hanoi - Overnight train
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
- Guesthouse (1 night), Homestay (1 nights), Hotel (19 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 20 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus , Public Bus , Taxi , Train , Motorbike
- An expert tour leader
- Hanoi - Blue Dragon breakfast
- Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Da Bac - Homestay Dinner
- Da Bac - Homestay Lunch
- Da Bac - Sung Cave & Village Tour
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Da Bia Lunch
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha Bay Lunch
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Perfume River cruise & Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise and Homestay
- Mekong Delta - Guesthouse Dinner
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise Lunch
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Kampong Luong - Tonle Sap floating village visit
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam & Cambodia Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam & Cambodia Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam & Cambodia Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam & Cambodia Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll be spending two nights with local families on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experiences here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-vietnam/
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- This trip involves a 10km trek in the hills of Da Bac, as well as included city walking tours. While being on your feet can be a bit tiring, this is the best way to truly get under the skin of a place.
- The stories and history shared at the Killing Fields and S21 are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia’s recent history that we feel is important for travellers to know. If you would prefer not to join these activities your leader can recommend some optional alternatives. Some further information on visiting the Killing Fields can be found here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/importance-visiting-cambodia-killing-fields/
- There are some long travel days by both private and public transport (up to 10 hours on the road), including the days that we cross from Vietnam to Cambodia and Cambodia to Thailand. Your leader and local guides will assist with the border crossings, but plenty of patience is advised.
- Some travellers enjoy Siem Reap so much that they decide they want to stay extra days rather than continuing with the group to Bangkok. You are welcome to sign off the trip to enjoy more of Cambodia, however we aren’t able to reimburse any unused services or provide alternate onward travel arrangements.
- At times our accommodation may not have continuous hot water. Most travellers don’t find this a problem however, and are often keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
- Because they are neighbours, it’s tempting to compare Vietnam and Cambodia on and things like quality of accommodation. Try to appreciate each destination for its own unique culture and what it has to offer rather than what it lacks or does better from where you have just been.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers