- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A traditional homestay is the perfect way to access remote parts of this region and get a real glimpse of Vietnamese life, not to mention the beauty of a home cooked local meal after a day of hiking
- Hike through the rolling rice terraces, waterfalls, mountains and lush green hills of Sapa and you’ll quickly realise why this has become an iconic image of Vietnam
- Meet a community of hilltribe people who have been in Vietnam for over three centuries. Having emigrated from China, the H'mong settled in Cat Cat Village and invite you to learn about their rich culture
- An included overnight sleeper train through northern Vietnam is a unique experience. This is a great way to rub shoulders with the locals and to squeeze a bit of local knowledge out of them. Local guides will take you to the train in Hanoi, and Sapa local guides will meet you at the other end
Northwest Vietnam is a captivating mix of dramatic mountainscapes, crisp fresh air and colourfully-clothed hilltribes. Set on the slopes of a beautiful emerald green valley, Sapa is the heart of this unique piece of Vietnam. Travel to this peaceful land and meet resplendently dressed ethnic minorities at the local market, visit neighbouring villages and hike through iridescent rice terraces, witnessing how the current of life has bubbled along here for centuries. This five-day trekking adventure is full of opportunities to be immersed in traditional hilltribe culture and cuisine, while relishing the striking landscapes of Sapa and its surrounds.
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- Minibus , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle
- Guided trek
- Any international flights to/from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sapa Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 11+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sapa Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 328 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 21 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sapa Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sapa Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means for some portions of this trip, such as at the homestay, you may join-in with other travellers who have booked on a different style of trip, or through other companies.
- With the flexibility of frequent departures there is a chance you may end up travelling solo on this trip. You will always have a local guide and all included activities will remain the same.
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- This trip includes one night in simple homestay accommodation, there are few better ways to understand a country and its people. You will sleep on mattresses on the floor in a mixed-gender dormitory style.
- This trip includes a moderate level of hiking in the hills for 3 days of this trip, ranging from 3 to 6 hours. Although this hiking is possible for most travellers, a good level of fitness will help increase your enjoyment of this experience.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal