- Walking tour
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the temples of Perfume Pagoda on this daytrip from Hanoi
- Visit the ancient Perfume Pagoda temple complex which has been here for centuries
- Enjoy a boat trip on Yen stream with beautiful scenery
At 07.45 we depart for the 2-hour journey to the Perfume Pagoda. Enjoy the scenic drive through the rich farmland of the Red River Delta to one of northern Vietnam’s holiest sites.
On arrival, we board a private rowing boat for a relaxing cruise down the Yen River. Along the way, we will stop at Den Trinh (pagoda of representation).
The Perfume Pagoda is not just one pagoda but many shrines and temples built into a limestone hillside. The first of these is at the foot of Huong Tich Mountain, which means ‘Mountain of Fragrant Traces’. From here, disembark and follow a stone flagged path, walk uphill to Huong Tich Cave and Pagoda (Pagoda of the Perfumed Vestige). The pagoda is one of the most important shrines to the Mahayana Buddhists of Vietnam.
Optional: Cable car ticket is optional and you can pay upon arrival.
13.00 We have lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch we continue our tour to Thien Tru, ‘Pagoda Leading to Heaven’. This pagoda was built in the seventeenth century and dedicated to the goddess Quan Am, symbolically marking the start of the journey to ‘heaven’.
14.00 Return by rowboat to our vehicle back to Ben Duc
16.30: After the boat trip, we depart for Hanoi arriving in the city around 18.30.
End of tour.
- Transportation Ford Transit (16 seats) or County (29 seats) with A/C
- English speaking guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Entrance fees
- Complimentary bottle of water on bus
- Personal expenses, tips & gratuities
- International airfare and visa
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationLong and full clothing will be required when you visit Pagoda and Temple complex Proper walking shoes must be worn for this tour. The trek can be strenuous for some as the path is fairly steep. As an option there is a cable car which can be taken instead of walking (Extra cost on client’s own account). During Tet (Vietnamese New Year; Feb – Apr) and the three months preceding it, the Perfume Pagoda is crowded with pilgrims, therefore travel is not recommended. For further details, please contact one of our travel consultants. Cable car ticket is optional and you pay extra on arrival Comfortable clothing and footwear for walking Please kindly contact with local supplier 24 hours before departure date If your hotel is located inside Hanoi Old Quarter Area, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam we will pick up from your hotel between 08.00 08.30. If your hotel located outside of Hanoi Old Quarter we will pick up from our meeting point at: 72 Tran Nhat Duat Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.