- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Maximum altitude 1900 meters
- Explore northwestern Vietnam, enjoy beautiful sceneries of mountains and paddy fields
- Visit a Flower Hmong village where life has remained relatively unchanged for centuries
- Drive through the Tram Ton Pass, the highest motorable pass in Vietnam
- Discover colourful local markets, meet different ethnic groups
This itinerary starts in Hanoi where we will pick you up on arrival. Enjoy a private, guided tour of the city before heading to Mau Chau, a series of villages tucked away in rice fields. Drive to Son La from Mau Chau and see the site of an old French penal colony where anti-colonial revolutionaries were jailed.
Continue onward to Dien Bien Phu, famous as the site of the final confrontation that ended France’s reign in Indochina. Next on the itinerary is Sapa, Vietnam's popular trekking destination where you can enjoy a full day guided hike from village to village all the while taking in the spectacular mountain scenery.
Head for Bac Ha and discover bustling local markets. Visit Ban Pho, a Flower Hmong village, before transferring to Lao Cai to catch an overnight train back to Hanoi where this tour ends. We will drive you back to the airport after the trip is over.
Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi & transfer to hotel
Day 2: Guided tour of Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi - Mai Chau
Day 4: Mai Chau - Son La
Day 5: Son La - Dien Bien Phu
Day 6: Dien Bien Phu - Lai Chau
Day 7: Lai Chau - Sapa via the Tram Ton Pass
Day 8: Hiking in Sapa's mountains
Day 9: Sapa - Bac Ha
Day 10: Visit a Flower Hmong village in Bac Ha & take the night train to Hanoi
Day 11: Hanoi departure
- A local, English-speaking guide throughout the duration of the trip
- 10 nights' accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals as stated on the itinerary
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. Transport to destinations as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned on the itinerary
- International flights
- Vietnam visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Excursions and activities that are optional
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section or the itinerary
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.