- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- On the Mekong in Luang Prabang, encounter temples, monks and markets
- Supported cycling through some of Southeast Asia's most stunning landscapes
- Experience scenic cycling with mountain views and valleys made of terraced rice fields
- Enjoy a local homestay in the wild and remote Muong ethnic lands
A stunning off the beaten track journey from the bustle of Hanoi, Vietnam to the serenity of Laos' cultural capital Luang Prabang all by bike. This exceptional, fully supported cycling adventure takes us through some of the most beautiful landscapes of Vietnam and Laos. We commence in the bustling northern capital of Hanoi, where we'll see the sights and enjoy a traditional meal with a local family before heading out onto the quiet countryside roads. Ride through Ba Vi National Park then off the beaten path in the stunning Pu Luong Nature Reserve, a land of gentle water wheels and terraced rice fields. We cross the border to explore the Cave City at Vieng Xai before cycling through some of the most truly spectacular jungle covered limestone mountain landscapes of Northern Laos. Visit traditional villages to learn from the friendly locals about their slow paced daily lives and soak in the tranquillity of the locations. Spend the evening overlooking the peaceful Nam Ou River from your bungalow in Nong Khiaw and explore the mysterious Pak Ou Caves before arriving into the cultural capital of Laos, Luang Prabang.
Day 1 : Arrive in Hanoi, Vietnam
Day 2 : Hanoi City Tour & Ride to Ba Vi National Park
Day 3 : Cycle Ba Vi to Da Bia
Day 4 : Boat to Mai Hich, cycle to Pu Luong
Day 5 : Cycle to Na Meo, transfer to Vieng Xai
Day 6 : Cave City, Vieng Xai Exploration & Sam Nuea
Day 7 : Cycle to Muang Hiem
Day 8 : Cycle to Muang Viengkham
Day 9 : Cycle to Nong Khiaw
Day 10 : Cycle to Luang Prabang, trip concludes
- Comfortable well located accommodation and local homestays
- 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 5 dinners
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Support vehicle on cycling days
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 10 only)
- English Speaking cycling guide
- Bike mechanic
- Use of a modern aluminum framed mountain bikes
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Bike Helmet- compulsory
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Tips and gratitudes
- International flights
- Visas and related expenses
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance- compulsory
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 119 today.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hanoi to Luang Prabang by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit of 340 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hanoi to Luang Prabang by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hanoi to Luang Prabang by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.