- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Feel the Red River breeze on an 100year old bridge and explore small back roads to immerse yourself in local life
- Stop at a bonsai garden and learn about this intricate art
- Drop into a local artist's estate to admire some Vietnamese fine arts
- Experience market culture at a local market and sample some tropical fruits
Trade in the frenetic pace of Hanoi with an unforgettable bike ride through the Vietnam countryside. Cycle along the banks of the Red River to explore the timeless traditional villages and learn about life outside of Hanoi.
Once you meet your local guide you'll get comfortable with your bike and hear a quick safety briefing. Then we'll head out for our morning ride! You will have the chance to fill up your reusable water bottle at the first stop.
Leave the busy streets of Hanoi via a scenic road winding through the city’s Old Quarter, through the urban outskirts, and into the countryside. We’ll pass Hanoi’s oldest bridge, The Long Bien, which was built by the famous Eiffel Construction company in 1902.
Experience the beauty of Vietnam’s countryside as you cycle through back roads and narrow streets to immerse yourself in local life and see where the children go to school every morning.
We'll make a scenic stop at a bonsai garden to learn about this intricate art and see some of the beautiful plant creations. Then it's on to the home of a famous local artist to study some popular trends in Vietnamese contemporary fine arts including installation, body, and performance art. You will have a chance to view them all here at his 2,000-square-metre estate.
Keep cycling along the banks of the Red River and see locals at work as your guide points out traditional rural activities and sights. On the way, we will visit a local temple, and if we are lucky we will have a chance to see the Hau Dong ritual performance, one of the features of Mother Goddess worship.
We'll then take our bikes to a local market to experience the market culture and taste some tropical fruits.
Our ride continues through the tranquil banana and vegetable farming area of Red River Island. There will be lots of opportunities to stop and take photos of the beautiful surroundings and the locals working on their farms.
This route takes us past the Red River and fields of colorful flowers. Depending on the season, you may get to see locals picking the flowers to be taken to market.
We continue cycling along the river to the famous West Lake for a cup of coffee or green tea. Back on our bikes, we’ll return to the meeting point in Hanoi where your guide will be able to assist you in getting a taxi to your hotel.
- Local English speaking guide
- Local artist visit
- Bike hire
- Vietnamese coffee or green tea and seasonal fruits on the way
- Opportunities to fill your reusable water bottle.&Nbsp;
- entrance fees as indicated
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Hanoi’s Outskirts Discovery By Bike tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hanoi’s Outskirts Discovery By Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hanoi’s Outskirts Discovery By Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Meet at the bike shop with the Urban Adventure band name at 23 Nguyen Khac Nhu, Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi.Meeting end point :
23 Nguyen Khac Nhu, Ba Dinh Dist, HanoiCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.