- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Exciting market tour guided by your Chef. Authentic street food samples. Vietnamese cooking class in historical Hanoi Food Culture Kitchen. Egg coffee demonstration.
Get your tastebuds ready for this immersive day tour for food lovers. Experience an in-depth market tour with your very own chef guide who will explain the local ingredients as you sample delicious street food. Then get hands-on experience in a Vietnamese cuisine cooking class inside a 100-year old Old French Colonial building, where you'll transform those ingredients into local cuisine. Sounds tasty right?
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 9:00am at Hungry Hanoi (32 Gia Ngu Street)
Finish Point: Hanoi Food Culture Kitchen
After meeting your Chef during a welcome drink at the kitchen, venture into the bustling market where your food guide will explain the Vietnamese ingredients used in local cuisine. While experiencing the exciting daily market life and learning how to bargain, sample some delicious street food. At the Hanoi Food Culture kitchen, you will first be given an overview on the recipes, ingredients, and what to expect in the cooking class. Then transform those ingredients into authentic Vietnamese dishes. An hour later and it's time to enjoy all your hard work with the big taste test (and you get to keep the recipes)! After you've finished your delicious creation, be amazed by an Egg Coffee Demonstration by the artistic staff who will share with you the secret traditional Hanoi drink recipe hundreds of years old.
Please pick one off the menu in advance:
Menu 1. Green mango salad, Nem-fried spring rolls, Bun Cha
Menu 2. Green mango salad, Nem-fried spring rolls, Pho
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- 1 lunch
- Professional and talented chef instructor and guide
- Welcome drink at the Hanoi Food Culture kitchen
- Bottled water during the Market Tour
- Market Tour with your Chef
- Hanoi street food tasting during the Market Tour
- Tropical fresh fruits
- Free wifi and tea
- Your personal cooking station in the kitchen
- Egg Coffee Demonstration
- Any international flights to/from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hanoi Day Tour: Vietnamese Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hanoi Day Tour: Vietnamese Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hanoi Day Tour: Vietnamese Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hanoi Day Tour: Vietnamese Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.