- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hoa Lu ancient temples of the Dinh and Le dynasties. The mesmerizing Nhat Tru Pagoda with interesting history. A visit through 10th century royal palaces. Cycle through the Vietnam countryside of rice fields. Sampan boat ride down Tam Coc River through three caves.
Go back in time on this day tour to the Ninh Binh Providence and explore Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam, surrounded by limestone mountains and pristine green fields. Visit the Dinh and Le dynasty temples, palaces, and monuments. Discover the interesting history of the mesmerizing Nhat Tru Pagoda where a princess was sentenced to nunnery and lost her life down a well. Top it all off with a sampan boat ride through three caves! Have your camera ready because these are sites you'll never want to forget.
Fubky, cool country aided by an exceptional guide and great group”
Duration: 8-10 hours
Meeting Point: 8:00am Your Hotel in the Old Quarter
Finish Point: Hotel drop-off
Leave the modern Hanoi city life behind and go back in time on this day tour to the ancient city of Hoa Lu surrounded by green limestone mountains. Meet the tour guide in your hotel lobby and depart for the Ninh Binh province, a 90km (60mi) drive south, with a 20 minute break halfway to stretch your legs. Arrive in Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam from the 10th century, in the Red River Delta with a scenery of green fields and karst mountains. Visit the temples of two dynasties - Dinh and Le - with ancient intricate architecture. Learn the history of the mesmerizing Nhat Tru Pagoda where a princess was sentenced to nunnery and see the well that took her life. Study the various monuments honouring several Vietnamese royals. Learn about the culture through an excavation of vestiges of royal palaces. Arrive at Tam Coc in the afternoon to relax and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Those who enjoy cycling can opt to explore the countryside images of Vietnam on a 5km ride from Tam Coc to Bich Dong Pagoda (3mi). You will be amazed by the beautiful scenery of lush paddy fields. Afterwards, board the sampan boat in Tam Coc and float along the river among the villages, mountains, and rice fields, passing through 3 caves - Hang Ca, Hang Hai, and Hang Ba. The boat returns to dock for a bus ride back to Hanoi for an estimated arrival of 6:00pm.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- 1 lunch
- A/C Van, Cycle, Walking, Sampan Boat
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Pick up/drop off by modern air-conditioned bus
- Professional English speaking guide
- Local lunch
- Entrance fee
- Sampan boat ride through 3 caves
- Any international flights to/from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hanoi Day Tour: Hao Lu and Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) (full day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hanoi Day Tour: Hao Lu and Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) (full day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hanoi Day Tour: Hao Lu and Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) (full day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hanoi Day Tour: Hao Lu and Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) (full day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.