- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tour Ho Chi Minh complex, learn about the life of this national hero
- Visit the Temple of Literature – the first university in Vietnam
- Take a stroll around the scenic Hoan Kiem Lake in the heart of the city
- Experience riding on a cyclo, a popular means of transport in Hanoi
At 8:30am, our tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Ba Dinh Square, where President Ho Chi Minh read the Independence Declaration of Vietnam on the 2nd of September, 1945. The square is a shrine to Ho Chi Minh, and here you can go and visit the national hero's residence (a simple house on stilts), as well as the museum and mausoleum dedicated to him. The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum are remaining examples of Soviet-era architecture in Ba Dinh Square. The popular One Pillar Pagoda, also found in the square, attracts visitors who admire the colorful lotus pond surrounding it.
Your next stop is the Temple of Literature, the site of the first university in Vietnam. The temple was originally built to honor Confucius, and today the place celebrates the doctorates and high-rank scholars of Vietnam.
You will have lunch at a local restaurant for a taste of authentic Hanoi dishes.
In the afternoon you can choose to visit one of the city's museums: Hoa Lo Prison, which was once known as the “Hanoi Hilton”; the Museum of History; or Ethnology Museum. Then you go to Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple to admire these symbolic images of the city. The lake is considered the center of Hanoi, not only physically but also symbolically. It's a popular gathering place for city residents.
Then you join the 1-hour cyclo tour through the Old Quarter, which is also known as the "36 Streets". This busy area of narrow streets is home to literally thousands of small businesses and shopkeepers. This area is also a stunning spot to discover with plenty of photo opportunities.
Finally, you will go back to your hotel when the tour ends around 4pm.
- Transfers as specified in the product description
- English-speaking tour guide (other language available upon request)
- One hour cyclo ride (rickshaw)
- Entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Vietnamese set lunch at a restaurant
- Mineral water
- Alcohol drinks & beverages
- Personal expenses
- Water puppet show ticket
- Pick up and drop off at hotels outside of Hanoi Old Quarter
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.