- duration 11 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- age_requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Escape the hustle and bustle of busy Hanoi for the relaxing pace of Halong Bay
- Cruise on a boat, navigating the iconic limestone karsts that tower above the water
- Enjoy a local seafood lunch as you pass by numerous beautiful islets
- Explore Sung Sot Cave, the most famous grotto of Halong Bay
There's a reason Halong Bay is one of the most photographed places in Vietnam — it's ridiculously beautiful. Hop on a traditional junk, glide through the azure waters while enjoying a spot of seafood lunch on boat. After lunch, sail past some of the bay’s most iconic locations and have a guide walk to the Surprise Cave and climb up to the top of island. There's no better way to travel Halong Bay for a day!
Halong Bay is one of the most loved spots in Vietnam for a reason — it's gorgeous. On this Halong Bay tour, we take you away from the hectic pace of life in Hanoi and introduce you to the tranquil, beautiful Halong Bay.
Our Halong Bay tour begins with a 2-2.5 hour drive by the expressway Hanoi- Hai Phong- Halong with a stop along the way to use the restroom.
On arrival at Tuan Chau Marina in Halong City, we board our private boat for a cruise in Halong Bay, famous for its spectacular limestone karsts jutting out of the peaceful green waters of the bay. The views are spectacular as we cruise amongst the nearly 2000 islands that fill the bay.
You will see first hand why Halong Bay has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site since 1994 and announced as one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature in 2011. Halong Bay means "Bay of the Descending Dragon" and legend has it that in ancient times when the Vietnamese were fighting off foreign invaders, the gods sent a family of dragons to assist in the fight. During the battle, the dragons spat out jewels that would later become the islands that now are scattered around the bay.
We'll enjoy a seafood lunch on board while we cruise among the breathtaking scenery. What a way to spend the day! Soak up the majestic atmosphere from the top deck and enjoy the stunning views or relax below in comfortable surroundings
After lunch, we'll have a chance to explore Sung Sot Cave, the biggest and most beautiful grotto in Halong. After that, we will move to Titop Island and climb up to the top for epic views of the Bay.
Back on the boat, we will enjoy the sunset and an afternoon tea while cruising back to the harbour.
We return to Hanoi by expressway in the late afternoon, where you have a chance to reflect on this memorable day.
- Lunch on the boat
- round trip transportation by express highway
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tea break on boat.
- Halong entrance fees as indicated
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for driver or guide
- kayaking or bamboo boat.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Halong Bay One Day Escape tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Halong Bay One Day Escape tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Halong Bay One Day Escape tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
The front entrance of the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Hanoi.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.