- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the natural wonder of thousands of limestone karsts that rise from the bay on a cruise through this World Heritage site
- Sail back in time with an overnight stay on a traditionalstyle wooden boat, and awake to the unique misty morning sights of this strange paradise of green waters and rocky islands
- Feast on a sumptuous meal as the boat anchors in the heart of the bay, then take to the deck to see the stars and moon illuminate the water and peaks
- Halong Bay is one of Vietnam’s most iconic sights, and this mustsee must be seen on a classic junk cruise
Prepare to be whisked away from the cosmopolitan streets of Hanoi to the serene landscape of the World Heritage-listed Halong Bay. Cast away on a traditional-style boat and set sail through hundreds of limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the emerald waters of the bay. Sit back, relax and soak up this epic landscape while enjoying scrumptious meals cooked on board. Relax on deck with friends, chat to the friendly crew, meet the locals as they row between boats or explore myriad hidden caves by kayak. This short trip is the perfect way to add a few days of well-deserved relaxation onto any Vietnam adventure.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
- Overnight boat (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Boat , Shuttle Bus
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to/from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Halong Bay Junk Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 11+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Halong Bay Junk Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Halong Bay Junk Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Halong Bay Junk Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- On a two full day, efficient but comprehensive extension, you can experience staying overnight on Halong Bay.
- As this trip stays overnight on the boat there is somewhat less time for local interaction, but take the time to relax and enjoy the spectacular views.
- This trip operates on a join-in basis. You will join in with other travellers, who have potentially booked on a different trip, or through other companies.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal