- Active and outdoor
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hanoi Free time to wander through the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter lined with shophouses
- Mai Chau Cycle along rice terraces and through villages dotted with stilt houses
- Halong Bay Sea kayaking in one of the most breathtaking limestone landscapes in South East Asia
- Hue Try making a kite and a martial arts lesson
Join us on an in depth journey through magical Vietnam, traversing the country from north to south. Bike alongside the rice paddy fields of Mai Chau and explore the intricate network of waterways in the Mekong Delta. Witness the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, the old-world charm of Hanoi, ancient neighbourhoods of Hoi An and dramatic limestone pinnacles of Halong Bay. Mai Chau - Cycle along rice terraces and through villages dotted with stilt houses Ho Chi Minh City - Learn about the resourcefulness of the Viet Cong at the Cu Chi Tunnels, visit an underground weapons bunker and explore old Saigon's bustling back alleys Mekong Delta - Navigate the delta by bike and boat. Stay in a traditional homestay and take part in a Vietnamese cooking lesson
Day 1 : Join trip in Hanoi.
Day 2 : Hanoi. Watch locals take lakeside yoga classes, explore night markets.
Day 3 : Scenic drive to Mai Chau, bike through paddy fields past tranquil traditional villages.
Day 4 : Drive to Xam Khoe Village, home to Thai ethnic minority, home cooked lunch with a local family.
Day 5 : Continue to Ninh Binh, likened to an inland Halong Bay.
Day 6 : Bike ride through paddy fields to visit Dong Tam Village. Afternoon boat trip to explore cave complex.
Day 7 : Morning drive to Ha Long Bay. Overnight cruise on a traditional junk boat, visit fishing village, sea kayaking.
Day 8 : Witness sunrise over Halong Bay. Visit Thien Canh Son caves. Return to Hanoi to take the Reunification Express overnight train to Hue.
Day 9 : Travel to the Tu Duc Royal Tombs. Try kite making (and flying!) and visit the Imperial Palace.
Day 10 : Hoi An. Martial arts lesson. Make traditional wood paintings, cruise on the Perfume River.
Day 11 : Free day in Hoi An, opportunity to spend the day on the beach.
Day 12 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Explore the old quarter in cyclos (cycle carriages with a seat).
Day 13 : Discover the Cu Chi Tunnels which the Viet Cong used as a hideout during the Vietnam War.
Day 14 : Drive to the Mekong Delta, overnight homestay, explore villages by bike.
Day 15 : Morning cruise on the Mekong Delta. Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City where the trip ends.
- 14 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Anise Hotel Hanoi (2 nights)
- Mai Chau Ecolodge (2 nights)
- Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel (2 nights)
- Halong Bay Junk (1 night)
- Overnight train from Hanoi to Hue (1 night)
- Thanh Lich Hotel (1 night)
- Vinh Hung 2 Hotel (2 nights)
- Liberty Hotel Saigon Parkview (2 nights)
- Ut Trinh & Ut Quynh Homestay (1 night)
- On Foot
- Explore Tour Leader
- Tuk Tuk
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Vietnam In Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Vietnam In Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Vietnam In Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Vietnam In Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.