- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia.
- A little touch of France here, a little bit of China there – and all in Vietnam! Chill out in the cultural mixed bag of Hoi An. Hit up the local beach, cycle through rice paddies or get some sweet threads tailormade.
- Join the local uni students in Ho Chi Minh City with a coffee, snack and a chat in one of the city’s parks – you’ll feel like a local in no time.
- Appreciate the work of Friends International at their Futures Factory, a dining and creative space, dedicated to training vulnerable Cambodian youth to work in the hospitality industry.
- Is Angkor the most incredible thing in South East Asia? Decide for yourself as you templehop with an expert local guide around the entire archaeological complex.
Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand. Markets, all the street food, beaches, temples, snorkelling, more food, sites, homestays, really, really freaking amazing temples, fish pedicures, long-tail boat rides, more food. It's 22-days of full-throttle South East Asian travel with awesome adventure and a cool crew to keep you company.
Day 2:Cat Ba Island
Day 3:Hanoi - Overnight Train
Day 5:Hoi An
Day 6:Hoi An
Day 7:Hoi An - Overnight Train
Day 8:Phan Rang
Day 9:Phan Rang - Overnight Train
Day 10:Ho Chi Minh City
Day 11:Ho Chi Minh City
Day 12:Phnom Penh
Day 13:Phnom Penh
Day 17:Kampong Cham
Day 18:Siem Reap
Day 19:Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Day 20:Siem Reap
- Hotel (13 nights), Overnight sleeper train (3 nights), Guesthouse (4 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Rice paper roll class
- Hue - Home cooked dinner
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Banh mi lunch
- Hoi An - Green Youth Collective Experience
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ca Phe Bet with locals
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Street food breakfast
- Phnom Penh - Futures Factory cocktail class
- Kampot - Sunset cruise
- Kampot - Heritage walking tour
- Chambok - Traditional dancing
- Chambok - Waterfall hike
- Chambok - Homestay and activities
- Kampong Cham - Wat Nokor
- Kampong Cham - Bicycle hire
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Epic Vietnam to Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Epic Vietnam to Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 February 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Epic Vietnam to Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Epic Vietnam to Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- Vietnamese roads can be hectic and intimidating to cross. Never fear – your leader will show you how to do it like a local in Hanoi's Old Quarter.
- This trip is for travellers who appreciate a bit of independence. You'll get plenty of free time in each location to make your own choices and do your own activities and eat where you like. Your leader is always there to give you tips and suggestions.
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in Vietnam and Cambodia, especially when walking around sights like the Angkor complex where there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
- The stories shared at Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia's recent history that we feel is important to share, however if you would prefer not to join in these tours, please let your leader know.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.