- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle across the Long Bien Bridge
- Tour the tranquil countryside of Hanoi
- Meet friendly people in a farming village
- Explore the historic Co Loa's citadel
First, you will cycle along the Long Bien Bridge, which was built by the French in 1902 — the first steel bridge across the Red River. The bridge was designed by French architect Gustave Eiffel of Eiffel Tower fame. It was known as Paul Doumer Bridge, in honor of the Governor General of French Indochina, until North Vietnam's independence in 1954. This beloved Hanoi landmark offers stunning views across the Red River.
Next, you will get on a local boat to cross the Duong River, a distributary of the Red River. You will then cycle through the peaceful countryside passing lots of green rice fields and visiting a local village where you meet hospitable people, most of them make their living on agriculture.
Around noon, you will get to Co Loa Citadel, an ancient fortress in what was the first independent capital of the Vietnamese kingdom. Thanks to its historical and cultural value, this old bastion attracts a large number of foreign tourists every year. You will be surprised to find out that this Citadel was not only constructed in a large area, but also took such a long time to build. It will be an incredible chance for you to explore this huge site and its hidden beauty. The site has been the source of various relics from the Bronze Age.
Then, you will have time for lunch at a local restaurant.
Finally, you will pedal your way back to your hotel. The bike tour ends around 3:30 pm.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Bicycle with helmet
- Sightseeing fees
- Lunch & coffee/tea
- Mineral water
- Transportation by car if any
- Food & drinks other than indicated
- Personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.