- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Quiet roads with little traffic in remote Northeast Vietnam
- Cycle through the UNESCO site of Ha Giang
- See and learn about many traditional hilltribes
- Exhilarating descents and tough challenging climbs
The remote mountains of northeast Vietnam encapsulate every element of a superb bike ride; challenging climbs and fantastic descents are rewarded with breathtaking views and an extremely warm welcome from the hospitable locals. We start our journey passing through verdant rice paddies and lake-flanked national parks before pedalling through the spectacular karst limestone scenery of Ha Giang. A recent addition to the UNESCO list, this mountainous province is recognised for its high peaks and deep canyons which make for an entirely unique landscape.This area is also one of the last few places where traditional hilltribe life reigns strong; nearly 90% of the population are ethnic minorities, traditional subsistence farming is the mainstay of most and the colourful attire of many of the inhabitants signals the cultural diversity of the area. This insight into remote Vietnam is for many the absolute highlight but time spent in fascinating Hanoi and a cruise around the islands of Halong Bay is definitely the perfect reward after 10 days of challenging cycling.
Day 1: Start Hanoi
Day 2: Hanoi; warm up ride around West Lake on outskirts of the city
Day 3: Transfer to Ba Hang; cycle through tea plantations to Thai Nguyen
Day 4: Ride through rice paddies and karst cliffs; boat into Ba Be National Park;
Day 5: Undulating day; Tinh Tuc for lunch; end Bao Lac
Day 6: Cycle next to the turquoise Gam River; pass through traditional Hmong
villages; Ma Pi Leng Pass; end at Dong Van
Day 7: Ride into UNESCO site of Ha Giang Geo Park; transfer to overnight homestay
Day 8: Morning village trek; cycle amongst the thousands of limestone pinnacles and
the famous 'twin hills' to Ha Giang town
Day 9: Challenging ascent followed by exhilarating 20km descent past huge rice
terraces to Hoang Su Phi
Day 10: Rolling hills through dense pine forests to Bac Ha, famous for traditional
Day 11: Easy morning ride; transfer to Hanoi
Day 12: Drive to Halong Bay; board boat and cruise among spectacular limestone
Day 13: Return to Hanoi; free time to explore the Old Quarter
Day 14: End Hanoi
- 10 nights hotels, 1 night boat and 2 nights homestay , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches, 3 dinners
- 10 days cycling (including 1 half day ride) with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 80% tarmac, 20% dirt roads
- Some very long ascents and descents
- Group normally 5 to 12, plus local leader
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle the Hilltribes of Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle the Hilltribes of Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle the Hilltribes of Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle the Hilltribes of Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.