- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- Learn how to cook Vietnamese dishes with the help of the locals
- Go shopping in local market
- Discover the unique Vietnamese culture and cuisine
Afternoon class: 4pm – 7pm
You will be picked up at your hotel and decide which local market to visit with the chef. You will stroll around and visit food sections with their wide selection of herbs, vegetables, meat and sea food, which gets you closer to the simple daily life. It will be also fascinating to observe and learn how to choose and buy the best quality of the fresh food from numerous food stalls in the market.
With the help of the chef, you will know how to buy ingredients for your cooking lesson, including herbs and spices, which play an important role in Vietnamese food. After the lesson, you should be able to go back home to prepare and cook Vietnamese dishes all by yourself.
Your cooking lesson with us is guaranteed to be educational and memorable. You will be confident to set up an elaborate dinner party for your friends and family back home.
You will learn how to marinade with spices and decorate dishes with carrot flowers, lemon grass stems, banana leaves and curved chili. You will learn to make the authentic magical sauce made from fish sauce, water, sugar, lime, chili, garlic and herb.
Then you can enjoy your meal featuring what-you-have-cooked. The chef will taste the meals you have cooked and and give rewards to the best dish.
As you leave, you will be awarded a little gift and all of the recipes from your Hanoi cooking class.
Menu of cooking class for reference (this menu is subject to change without prior notice):
Nem Ran (Hanoi spring rolls)
Cha Ca Hanoi (Grilled fish Hanoi style)
Com Nau Tom (Rice cooked with shrimp)
Che (Sweet potato with ginger pudding, a kind of dessert)
Nem Cuon Tom Thit (Fresh spring rolls with shrimp and meat)
GaNuong la Chanh (Grilled chicken on skewers with lemon leaf)
Ca boc la sen hap (Steamed fish wrapped in lotus leaf with tamarind juice)
Che long Nhan (Dry longan pudding)
- Taxi pick-up/Walking tour to visit local market
- English speaking guide/chef, classes, equipments, ingredients.
- Food tastings and lunch/dinner
- A bottle of water, coffee or beer
- All food and drinks that are not specified
- Personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.