- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Surround yourself in the rich history and breathtaking scenery of Vietnam
- Step back in time at the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu, Vietnam’s first capital
- Cycle through villages, rice fields, and amongst the limestone karsts and surrounding scenery
- Take a row boat through the UNESCO site of Trang An to explore magnificent caves and get up close to the region’s spectacular karst country
Mix it up on this Hanoi tour that includes a 12 km cycle session and a sneaky rowboat ride through caves, and past rice paddies, villages, and limestone karsts. In between all that sightseeing and biking, enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch at the home of a local family.
Our Hanoi tour begins with a two-hour drive from the hectic capital of Hanoi to the province of Ninh Binh, approximately 100 kilometers away. Our first destination is Hoa Lu, the location of the capital of Vietnam during the Dinh Dynasty (968-980) and early Le Dynasty (980-1009). The ancient citadel once covered 300 hectares of land, however, the passage of time has left few remains of this once glorious capital of Vietnam.
On arrival, dive into history at the Dinh & Le Temples. Restored in the 17th century, the temples are dedicated to the Dinh and Le emperors and believed to be built on the original foundations of the old palaces from the 11th and 12th centuries.
Next, it's time for the biking part of the tour. Hop on a bike for about 12-kilometer ride through the area, limestone karsts towering above you as you ride along backroads and beautiful scenery with experiences you just don't get on other Hanoi tours! On the way, we also stop for a drink to cool off from the heat.
Following our bike ride, we'll visit a local family for a homecooked lunch. This is a great opportunity to meet some locals and learn about daily life in the region.
After lunch, make your way to Trang An, a new addition to UNESCO’s list of heritage sites. Honored as of June 2014, the 10,000-hectare Trang An complex comprises three areas: the Trang An – Tam Coc – Bich Dong ecological site, the Hoa Lu imperial capital, and the Hoa Lu primitive forests. It is often referred to as the Halong Bay of the land due to its spectacular scenery with limestone karsts rise up of the ground to tower over the region, and is a truly wonderful sight to see.
Here, we’ll board rowboats for about 3-hour journey through caves, passing local villages along with the river system of the Red River Delta. The scenery comprises of lush green rice paddies during the rice-growing seasons and the surrounding limestone karsts make for a stunning backdrop, presenting many photo opportunities for the keen photographers amongst the group.
At the end of the boat trip, we’ll transfer back to Hanoi city, arriving late in the afternoon. Return back to your hotel and enjoy the rest of your evening.
- Homecooked lunch
- Return transportation
- Local English speaking guide
- Hoa Lu entrance fees as indicated
- Bike and helmet
- Boat trip
- Green tea
- Local drink.&Nbsp;
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for driver or guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 79 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Citadels, Karsts & Cycle in Ninh Binh tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Citadels, Karsts & Cycle in Ninh Binh tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Front entrance of the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi at 8.00 Am. Meeting end point : Drop off at centrally located hotels in Hanoi