- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sail through Halong Bay’s limestone karsts and island caves and spend the night checking out the stars on an overnight cruise.
- Travel like a local on a motorbike tour, riding pillion and taking in the historical pagodas, bridges and villages of Hue.
- Angkor Wat. Need we say more? As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so you can explore this incredible temple complex at your own pace.
- Discover Kampong Luong and the countryside around Battambang with a visit to a floating village and a bike ride around rural farms to meet with local producers.
Take an unforgettable adventure through two of the most colourful yet contrasting cultures in South East Asia. Starting off in Vietnam, cruise through dramatic karst scenery on a boat tour of Halong Bay, step back into the world of the country's last emperors in Hue, soak up the old-world charm of Hoi An and be awed by the endless energy of Ho Chi Minh City. In Cambodia, discover the country's fascinating history and culture in Phnom Penh's heaving streets and in the awe-inspiring temples of Angkor. This is a journey that draws you away from the crowds and into heart and soul of this captivating region, and its equally enchanting people.
Hanoi – Overnight train
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
- Hotel (15 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Motorbike , Overnight sleeper train , Plane , Private minibus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Hanoi - KOTO dinner
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Halong Bay - Cave entry
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta Day Trip & Village Tuk-Tuk Tour
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Kampong Luong - Tonle Sap floating village visit
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Siem Reap - Three day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Vietnam & Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Vietnam & Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Vietnam & Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Vietnam & Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- In order to see as much as possible, this trip involves some long journeys, including by overnight train where the amenities are shared and basic. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here:
- The motorbike tour of Hue has been assessed for safety and is closely monitored (helmets ae provided). However, alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. Please consider your suitability to the season you wish to travel in. Check out intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam for more info.
- Some travellers find the pace of this trip quite fast as we are covering a lot of destinations in a short amount of time. If you would like a more relaxed pace with more time to explore, you might like to consider a longer trip, or additional days in Hanoi and Bangkok.
- The stories and history shared at the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia’s recent history that we feel is important for travellers to know. If you would prefer not to join these activities your leader can recommend some optional alternatives. Some further information on visiting these sites can be found here: intrepidtravel.com/adventures/importance-visiting-cambodia-killing-fields.
- There are some long travel days by both private and public transport (up to 10 hours on the road), including the days that we cross from Vietnam to Cambodia and Cambodia to Thailand. Your leader and local guides will assist with the border crossings, but plenty of patience is advised.
- Some travellers enjoy Siem Reap so much that they decide they want to stay there longer, rather than continuing with the group to Bangkok. You are welcome to sign off the trip to enjoy more of Cambodia, however we aren’t able to reimburse any unused services or provide alternate onward travel arrangements.
- At times our accommodation may not have continuous hot water. Most travellers don’t find this a problem however, and are often keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers