- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a boat ride and explore beautiful natural limestone karst landscapes
- Visit the glimmering massive pagoda complex, the most magnificent architectures ever built
- Enjoy tranquil cycling on rural roads alongside the extensive canal network
Located east of the Ninh Binh province and covering almost 2000 hectares, the eco-tourism complex is divided into 5 sections: a specially preserved area – Hoa Lu ancient citadel, a central area of grottos and caves, a tourist service area and the holy mountain of the Bai Dinh area, a new World Heritage listed site.
Explore the glimmering pagoda complexes with the massive magnificent architecture of Vietnamese tradition refined scenically setting in picturesque nature that will take your breath away. Exquisite river deltas, primitive jungle, exotic otherworldly limestone karst landscape coupled with sensational wildlife, unique ecosystem and fabulous food – It’s no wonder that Bai Dinh and Trang An are considered Ninh Binh’s unrivaled destinations.
For nature lovers, the area really does have it all, with a hugely diverse and glorious landscape to capture on camera and treasure forever.
7:45–8:30 am: Our guide will meet you at your hotel in the old quarter of Hanoi to start the 100km modern bus journey through the verdant country landscape of country side. Short break en route.
11 am: Arrive at the glimmering Bai Dinh pagoda complexes, the largest in Southeast Asia and scenically set in the foothills of Dinh Mountain.
Visit some of the pagoda highlights with your professional guide, including:
- 500 stone statues of “La Han” (Arhats)
- 2 huge bronze bells, one weighing 27 tonnes and another 36 tonnes
- Three bronze statues of Tam The
Walk-up the summit mountain to see the 100-tonne bronze statue of Buddha Sakyamuni. Enjoy the panoramic view of the picturesque landscape dotted with limestone mountains.
1 pm: Enjoy a fabulous buffet lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant, with some special dishes
2 pm: Leave for the Trang An Grottoes, 20 square kilometres of majestic limestone massif that rises dramatically out of rice paddy fields. Embark on a traditional sampan gently rowed down the river and through numerous caves including Hang Toi (Dack) cave, Sang (light) cave and Hang Nau Ruou (Cooking wine) cave. Each passage brings new surprises.
4 pm: Leisure cycling on rural roads alongside the extensive canal network and through small villages with a back drop of a maze of Limestone Mountains.
5.30pm: Board the shuttle bus to return to Hanoi.
8 pm: Drop off at your hotel/ accommodation in Hanoi Old Quarter. See you again!
- Comfortable A/C minibus
- 2 bottles of water per person
- A lavish buffet lunch with Vietnamese dishes
- All entry fees and other fares like boat trips and cycling
- English speaking guide
- Electric car in Bai Dinh
- Travel insurance
- All services and items not mentioned specifically in the list above
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationFrom November to March it is advisable to pack rainwear and some warm clothing. From April to November it is advisable to pack light rainwear. Bring your camera and lots of batteries. A wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and other sun protection are advisable. A daypack to bring on your tour is a good idea.