Looking for available travel experts
A trip to Haiti will introduce you to rich culture and background that dates back to the pre-Columbian period. After being colonized by the Spanish, the Hatians were the people who defeated Napolean’s army at the Battle of Vertières. Haiti’s culture is steeped in a rich multicultural and multinational history. Holidays in Haiti withh be full of sandy beaches and rich historical buildings. Haiti is a place for not only lounging, but learning as well.
- Enjoy a night out with a merengue or even a jazz piece.
- Experience the French and African influence in the cuisine of this unique
- Visit the Citadelle Laferrière, the largest fortress in the Americas.
- See the anchor of Christopher Columbus’ largest ship, the Santa Maria, at the Musée du Panthéon National Haïtien.
- Cheer on the Hatian football teams.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras with the locals.
- In December, celebrate the anniversary of Christopher Columbus landing, with Discovery Day.
- Be friendly with the locals and learn more about the Haitian culture.
- Bring sunscreen and bug repellant. The weather is hot and there are plenty of bugs.
- Don’t bring a skimpy swimsuit; Haitians are relatively conservative.
- Electricity isn’t always reliable in Haiti, so bring batteries and things that run on them.