- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Festivals and events
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hornbill Festival Spend two full days at Nagaland's premier tribal festival
- Cherrapunjee Walk through Khasia tribal villages and test out their living root tree bridges
- Kaziranga National Park Take a jeep safari in search of Asian onehorned rhino
- Majuli Island Explore one of the world's largest river islands
Wedged between Burma and Bangladesh, the Indian states of Meghalaya, Assam and Nagaland present a fascinating picture of remote tribal cultures. On this adventurous trip visit headhunter villages, stay in a stilt house and taste tea straight from the plantation. Hornbill Festival - Spend two full days at Nagaland's annual festival, celebrating the diverse tribal heritage Cherrapunjee - Walk through Khasi villages and test out a bridge made from tree roots Kaziranga National Park - Take a jeep safari in search of Asian one-horned rhino, elephant and other wildlife
Day 1 : Join trip in Guwahati
Day 2 : Take a ferry to Peacock Island and visit Umananda Temple
Day 3 : Drive to Cherrapunjee, exploring Mawphlang sacred forest and Elephant Falls en route
Day 4 : Walk through the forest to unique Khasi tree root bridges
Day 5 : Drive to Kaziranga National Park
Day 6 : Search for Indian one-horned rhino on two jeep safaris
Day 7 : Cross in to Nagaland and drive to Kohima
Day 8 : Spend a full day at the Hornbill Festival
Day 9 : A further full day at the Hornbill Festival
Day 10 : Visit Tseminyu Village en route to Mokochung
Day 11 : Cross the Brahmaputra by ferry to Majuli Island
Day 12 : Explore the monasteries and villages of Majuli
Day 13 : Return to the mainland and drive to Mon, Nagaland
Day 14 : Visit Longwa, located on the border line of India and Burma
Day 15 : Drive to Dibrugarh via the ancient capital of Sivasagar
Day 16 : Learn about the tea industry at a local tea garden. Fly to Guwahati
Day 17 : Trip ends in Guwahati
- Dynasty Hotel (3 nights)
- Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort (2 nights)
- Bonhabi Resort (2 nights)
- Hotel Blue Bayou (3 nights)
- Whispering Winds (1 night)
- Mepo Okum Eco Camp (2 nights)
- Teihpha Cottage (2 nights)
- Mancotta Heritage Chang Bungalow (1 night)
- 16 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Guwahati are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Assam and Nagaland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 147+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Assam and Nagaland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Assam and Nagaland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Assam and Nagaland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.