- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- duration 10 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the amazing Dragon’s Backbone rice terraces
- Immerse yourself in the culture and tradition of Ping'an village
- Get a glimpse of genuine folk life of the region
Named for the irrigated hillsides resembling the scaly back of a dragon, the terraces showcase the majesty of nature and the wisdom of ancient people. It also perfectly demonstrates the unique cultural experience of the area's local minority population and their genuine folk life.
Your tour will start as your guide picks you up from your Guilin downtown hotel at around 7 - 8 am, based on your hotel location. Drive to Longsheng County (approximately 2 - 3 hours’ drive) and reach the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces — the culmination of both the profound wisdom and strenuous labor of the Zhuang people.
Hike up the hill to the best viewpoint and take amazing pictures. Depending on the season, the terraces change their appearance, yet the natural beauty of the place persists year round. It's the most amazing terrace in China.
Later enjoy a lunch at a local farmer restaurant. Continue to explore Ping’an village and get a glimpse of genuine folk life and culture of the locals, mostly consisting of a minority population. Experience firsthand the melodious folk music, the unique and colorful clothing, the weaving and embroidery traditions and the playful folk dances of the area.
As you immerse yourself in the dreamy, tranquil atmosphere, you will forget the stress and worries of urban life.
After a full day of sightseeing, you will be transferred back and dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned tour vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Local lunch
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationA minimum of two people per booking is required. A current valid passport is required on the day of travel. The duration of transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic conditions. Please provide your hotel name, address and phone number at time of booking.