- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Antigua Enjoy the famous, colourful Easter processions in this elegant, colonial city
- Lake Atitlan Visit some of the villages and towns around this beautiful lake by boat
- Mayan sites Discover the huge Maya site of Tikal deep in the Guatemalan jungle, and the beautiful site of Copan
- Chichicastenango Market Experience the bustle and colour of this busy local market
Guatemala is one of the only remaining places where the living Maya culture can be truly experienced. This trip contrasts old and new, visiting modern indigenous communities thriving in the highlands around Lake Atitlan, as well as the early Maya cities of Tikal, Quirigua and Copan (Honduras). Hitting the highlights as well as getting far off the beaten path, this trip encompasses the beauty and colour of ancient Central America. Lake Atitlan - Take a boat trip on this stunning lake, encircled by volcanoes, and visit the neighbouring Maya villages Maya sites - Discover the atmospheric site of Tikal, its spires poking out of deep jungle, and the peaceful site of Copan Chichicastenango Market - Throw yourself into the bustle and colour of this busy market, and see the modern Maya culture come to life Festivals - Witness the Holy Week celebrations in Antigua, or the giant kite festival celebrated as part of the Day of the Dead festivities in Sumpango
Day 1 : Join trip in Guatemala City
Day 2 : Short city tour of Guatemala City, head to Copan (Honduras)
Day 3 : Explore the Copan archaeological site, optional Macaw Mountain trip
Day 4 : Drive to Puerto Barrios, boat to Livingston
Day 5 : Boat trip on the Rio Dulce, continue to Tikal
Day 6 : Guided tour of Tikal, travel to Flores
Day 7 : Visit Candelaria Caves before transferring to Coban
Day 8 : Drive to Nebaj; watch weaving demonstration from local co-operative
Day 9 : Explore the Nebaj Valley
Day 10 : Visit the Solola Market, transfer to Santa Catarina
Day 11 : In Santa Catarina; boat trip to visit villages inhabited by Tzutuhil Indians
Day 12 : Discover Chichicastenango Market, journey to Antigua
Day 13 : Tour of Antigua, view Easter Week processions
Day 14 : Witness Easter Week processions
Day 15 : Tour ends in Antigua
- 14 Breakfasts
- Hotel Pan American (1 night)
- Hotel Plaza Copan (2 nights)
- Villa Caribe (1 night)
- Jungle Lodge (1 night)
- Maya International (1 night)
- Park Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Villa Nebaj (2 nights)
- Villa Santa Catarina (2 nights)
- Villa Colonial (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Guatemala City and from Antigua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.