- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Antigua Explore this elegant colonial city set in a valley between three volcanoes
- Lake Atitlan Visit some of the villages and towns around this beautiful lake by boat
- Mayan sites Discover the huge Maya site of Tikal deep in the Guatemalan jungle, and the beautiful site of Copan
- Chichicastenango Market Experience the bustle and colour of this busy local market
Guatemala is one of the only remaining places where the living Maya culture can be truly experienced. This trip contrasts old and new, visiting modern indigenous communities thriving in the highlands around Lake Atitlan, as well as the early Maya cities of Tikal, Quirigua and Copan (Honduras). Hitting the highlights as well as getting far off the beaten path, this trip encompasses the beauty and colour of ancient Central America.
Lake Atitlan - Take a boat trip on this stunning lake, encircled by volcanoes, and visit the neighbouring Maya villages
Maya sites - Discover the atmospheric site of Tikal, its spires poking out of deep jungle, and the peaceful site of Copan
Chichicastenango Market - Throw yourself into the bustle and colour of this busy market, and see the modern Maya culture come to life
Festivals - Witness the Holy Week celebrations in Antigua, or the giant kite festival celebrated as part of the Day of the Dead festivities in Sumpango
Day 1 : Join tour in Guatemala City
Day 2 : Short city tour of Guatemala City, head to Copan (Honduras)
Day 3 : Explore the Copan archaeological site, optional Macaw Mountain trip
Day 4 : Drive to Puerto Barrios, boat to Livingston
Day 5 : Boat trip on the Rio Dulce, continue to Tikal
Day 6 : Guided tour of Tikal, travel to Flores
Day 7 : Visit the Candelaria Caves, continue to Coban
Day 8 : Visit Biotopo del Quetzal Reserve, transfer to Antigua
Day 9 : All Saints Celebration Giant Kite Festival, drive to Lake Atitlan
Day 10 : In Santa Catarina; boat trip to visit villages inhabited by Tzutuhil Indians
Day 11 : Visit to Chichicastenango then drive to Nebaj
Day 12 : Explore the Nebaj Valley
Day 13 : Drive to Antigua via Iximche
Day 14 : Tour of Antigua; free afternoon
Day 15 : Trip ends in Antigua
- 14 Breakfast
- 5 nights comfortable hotel
- 6 nights premium hotel
- 1 night comfortable lodge
- 2 nights simple hotel
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Guatemala City and from Antigua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 124 today.
- Save US$ 82+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 235 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 29 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Guatemala - Land of the Maya tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.