- City sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover exquisite regional craftsmanship at the Chen Clan Academy
- Lose yourself in the distinctly European legacy of Shamian Island
- Share a vision of an ideal 19thcentury Guangzhou at Lizhiwan Brook
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, discover the exquisite craftsmanship of the region's artisans in the ancestral temple of the Chen family, wander around the beautiful Shamian Island with its European heritage, and visit the restored canal of Lizhiwan Brook.
Your tour guide will meet you at your downtown hotel at around 8:00 - 8:30 am, and transfer you around Guangzhou in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle.
First, head to the Chen Clan Academy, the ancestral temple of the Chen family. The temple, built in quintessential Guangdong architecture, is famed for its extensive collection of art pieces of wood, stone, and brick carving and metalwork. The special historical, artistic and scientific significance of the temple makes it one of the major cultural attractions in Guangzhou.
Proceed to Shamian Island, a concession area for the French and the British in the 19th century. The colonial history of the area has left a distinct European footprint on the island with western-style architecture abound. Wander around its quiet streets to understand firsthand the region's diverse history.
Conclude your guided tour with a vision of an idealized Guangzhou in the 19th century at the restored Lizhiwan Brook canal.
Afterwards, the guide will drop you off at Beijing Road before 12 noon. Here you could continue sightseeing on your own or take public transportation to your next destination.
- Hotel pickup at downtown locations
- Air-conditioned tour vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Anything not mentioned in 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationA current valid passport is required on the day of travel. The duration of transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic conditions. Please provide your hotel name, address and phone number at time of booking.