- City sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover exquisite regional craftsmanship at the Chen Clan Academy
- Lose yourself in the distinctly European legacy of Shamian Island
- Visit Guangzhou's largest park, Yuexiu Park
- Learn about the 1,500yearsold Temple of the Six Banyan Trees
Discover the exquisite craftsmanship of the region's artisans in the ancestral temple of the Chen family, wander around the beautiful Shamian Island with its European heritage, admire the Five-Ram sculpture and Zhenhai Tower in Yuexiu Park and visit the 1,500-years-old Temple of the Six Banyan Trees.
Your local guide will meet you at your downtown hotel at 8:30-9:00 am. Enjoy a comfortable transfer around Guangzhou in an air-conditioned vehicle.
First, head to the Chen Clan Academy, the ancestral temple of the Chen family. The temple, built in quintessential Guangdong architecture, is famed for its extensive collection of art pieces of wood, stone, and brick carving and metalwork. The special historical, artistic and scientific significance of the temple makes it one of the major cultural attractions in Guangzhou.
Proceed to Shamian Island, a concession area for the French and the British in the 19th century. The colonial history of the area has left a distinct European footprint on the island with western-style architecture abound. Wander around its quiet streets to understand firsthand the region's diverse history.
After having lunch in a nice local restaurant, move on to Guangzhou’s largest park, Yuexiu Park. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and marvel at the Five-Ram sculpture carved from 130 pieces of granite and the Zhenhai Tower, also named Five-Storied Pagoda.
Conclude your tour with a visit to the 1,500-years-old Temple of the Six Banyan Trees. Flower Pagoda, the main structure of the temple, was built in 1097 and was named for its colorful exterior. Learn about the site's history and its religious significance in the region. End the day with a comfortable transfer back to you hotel with a head full of cherished memories of your trip.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at selected locations
- Air-conditioned tour vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Local lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationA current valid passport is required on the day of travel. The duration of transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic conditions. Please provide your hotel name, address and phone number at time of booking.