- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The beautiful Verdon Gorge
- Local markets and villages
- Relaxed daywalks
A stunning part of Provence and relatively untouched by tourism, Greoux les Bains offers the perfect base for a walking holiday. We stay in the comfortable Hotel des Alpes in the heart of the town, allowing us to enjoy the variety of restaurants, cafes and shops on our doorstep. During the week we explore the region with a mixture of walks directly from the hotel or following a short private bus transfer. With the bustling market town of Forcalquier, the dramatic Verdon Gorge and depending on the season, fields of lavender or poppies just a short drive away, there is much to be explored.
Day 1: Start Greoux-les-Bains.
Day 2: Walk direct from the hotel to the Valensole plateau, a spectacular area in
summer for seeing fields of lavender.
Day 3: Bus transfer to Forcalquier, known for having the best outdoor market in
Provence. Ascend from town with views across the Mourres plateau, a site of
geological interest with its mushroom shaped limestone.
Day 4: Transfer by private bus to the lovely village of Quinson. Follow a walkway
along the lower Verdon Gorge with views of the sparkling turquoise waters.
Day 5: Free day in Greoux-les-Bains; optional visit to Aix-en-Provence.
Day 6: Take the bus to Moustier-Ste-Marie. Climb the ridge of L'Ourbes with views
over the lake of St Crois. After reaching the top descend via old Roman road.
Day 7: Follow the Verdon River and ascend hill for views over Lake Esparron. Arrive
for lunch in village of Saint Martin before walking to the plateau of Pauron.
Day 8: End Greoux-les-Bains.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 days centre-based walking
- Well marked trails and paths
- Altitude maximum 1300m, average 700m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Gréoux-les-Bains and from Greoux- Les- Bains are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Provence tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 75+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Provence tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 215 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 11 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Provence tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Provence tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.