- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The beautiful Verdon GorgeLocal markets and villagesRelaxed daywalks
A stunning part of Provence and relatively untouched by tourism, Greoux les Bains offers the perfect base for a walking holiday. We stay in the comfortable Hotel des Alpes in the heart of the town, allowing us to enjoy the variety of restaurants, cafes and shops on our doorstep. During the week we explore the region with a mixture of walks directly from the hotel or following a short private bus transfer. With the bustling market town of Forcalquier, the dramatic Verdon Gorge and depending on the season, fields of lavender or poppies just a short drive away, there is much to be explored.
Day 1: Start Greoux-les-Bains.
Day 2: Walk direct from the hotel to the Valensole plateau, a spectacular area in
summer for seeing fields of lavender.
Day 3: Bus transfer to Forcalquier, known for having the best outdoor market in
Provence. Ascend from town with views across the Mourres plateau, a site of
geological interest with its mushroom shaped limestone.
Day 4: Transfer by private bus to the lovely village of Quinson. Follow a walkway
along the lower Verdon Gorge with views of the sparkling turquoise waters.
Day 5: Free day in Greoux-les-Bains; optional visit to Aix-en-Provence.
Day 6: Take the bus to Moustier-Ste-Marie. Climb the ridge of L'Ourbes with views
over the lake of St Crois. After reaching the top descend via old Roman road.
Day 7: Follow the Verdon River and ascend hill for views over Lake Esparron. Arrive
for lunch in village of Saint Martin before walking to the plateau of Pauron.
Day 8: End Greoux-les-Bains.
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts
- Tour leader throughout
- 5 days centre-based walking
- Well marked trails and paths
- Altitude maximum 1300m, average 700m
- Any international flights to Gréoux-les-Bains and from Greoux- Les- Bains are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Provence tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Provence tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Provence tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Provence tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.