- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discover the high trails above the Riviera on foot
- Explore the perfume town of Grasse
- Walking to the hill top village of Gourdon with views to the Gorges du Loup
- Soaking up the atmosphere in Vence, famous for its artistic heritage
The French Riviera is well known for its glitz and glamour. This tour explores some of the places that collectively add character and a more relaxed charm to the region. Beginning in Grasse, perfume capital of the world with its Fragonard factory, you follow some amazing paths to hilltops and across plateaus with sweeping views to the coast and beyond. Visit the beautiful village of Gourdon and walk through farmland and Mediterranean forests. Be enchanted by Vence with its colourful flowers and markets that have inspired many famous artists, painters and sculptors including Matisse and Dufy. Wonderful food and hospitality complement a visit to this eternally panoramic part of Provence.
Day 1 : Arrive Grasse
Day 2 : Walk to Pont du Loup (5-6hrs)
Day 3 : Walk to Gourdon and return to Pont du Loup via the plateau (5hrs)
Day 4 : Enjoy stunning scenery en route to Courmes (6hrs)
Day 5 : Loop walk to Courmettes mountain with views to Antibes (6hrs)
Day 6 : Walk to the market town of Vence via the Saint Barnabe plateau (6hrs)
Day 7 : Loop walk from Vence with views of the French Riviera coastline (6.5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 5 nights in 2-4 star hotels, 2 nights gîte on a twin share basis
- Information pack including route notes, maps and tourist information per room booked
- 7 breakfasts – continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee, tea and juices.
- 4 dinners (days 2-5)
- Luggage transfers
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Grasse and from Vence
- Lunches daily, dinners on day 1, 6 & 7 and all beverages
- Entrance fees to museums, parks and archaeological sites
- Items of a personal nature
- Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this French Riviera on Foot tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
French Riviera on Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this French Riviera on Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.