- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore colonial Granada.
- Seek out the revolutionary murals in León.
- Relax on the beach at San Juan del Sur.
- Admire the stunning volcanoes on Ometepe Island
From the colonial streets of Granada and León to the beauty of San Juan del Sur's horseshoe bay, discover the best of Nicaragua on this unique 11-day adventure. Encounter a nature-lover's paradise on Ometepe Island and see both dormant and active volcanoes amidst this country's stunning wilderness. Emerging from a long and turbulent history, Nicaragua is set to become the next big thing. Discover it before others do and come away with a greater understanding of both the volatile past and a passion for this country's vibrant modern culture.
Day 1: Granada
Day 2: Granada
Day 3: Granada/León
Day 4: León
Day 5: León/Isla de Ometepe
Day 6: Isla de Ometepe
Day 7: Isla de Ometepe/San Juan del Sur
Day 8: San Juan del Sur
Day 9: San Juan del Sur
Day 10: San Juan del Sur/Granada
Day 11: Granada
- Hotels (8 nts), community guesthouse (2 nts).
2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD290-380 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle, boat, ferry.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Puesta del Sol Community Guesthouse Stay, Isla de Ometepe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Granada
- Masaya Volcano National Park visit
- Masaya market visit
- León orientation walk including entrance to cathedral rooftop
- Beach time in San Juan del Sur
- Free time in León and Ometepe
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Granada are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essence of Nicaragua tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essence of Nicaragua tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Essence of Nicaragua tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essence of Nicaragua tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.