Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7747
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cycle through three different countries in two weeks
- Relax on Pacific beaches and the idyllic Caribbean islands of Bocas del Toro
- Discover the dramatic Ometepe Island, with its twin volcanic peaks
- Ride along the Panama Canal, see the Miraflores Locks in action
- Look for wildlife in the national parks of Costa Rica
Starting in the colonial city of Granada and ending in bustling Panama City, our route takes us into Costa Rica’s steamy rainforests, alongside active volcanoes and to the tropical island of Bocas del Toro. We explore the island of Ometepe at Lake Nicaragua, search for howler monkeys while rafting on the Tenorio River, and ride through rural villages along the Caribbean coast. Our journey ends with a cycle near the Panama Canal, following our visit to the colossal Miraflores Locks.
Day 1: Start Granada
Day 2: Ride along Lake Nicaragua; visit Masaya Volcano National Park
Day 3: Transfer to San Jorge; ferry to Ometepe island and cycle to freshwater spring
Day 4: Ferry to mainland; ride to San Juan del Sur
Day 5: Ride from Pacific to Lake Nicaragua; transfer to Costa Rica
Day 6: Wildlife trip on Tenorio River; cycle through Bijagua valley and to Lake Arenal
Day 7: Cycle to La Fortuna
Day 8: Loop morning ride with views of Arenal Volcano; visit thermal springs
Day 9: Morning ride to Muelle; afternoon cycle near Caribbean coast; transfer to Puerto Viejo
Day 10: Ride to Panama border; boat to Bocas del Toro islands
Day 11: Free day in Bocas del Toro
Day 12: Boat and transfer to Punta Robalo; cycle to Rambala and the Pan-Am Highway; transfer to Playa La Lajas
Day 13: Tropical lowland forest ride; transfer to Panama City
Day 14: Ride alongside the Panama Canal
Day 15: End Panama City
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout,Cycling leader and support team
- Local bike hire
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation only (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Earn US$ 213+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 June 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.