- Cycle through three different countries in two weeks
- Relax on the Pacific beaches and the idyllic Caribbean islands of Bocas del Toro
- Discover the dramatic Ometepe Island, with its twin volcanic peaks
- Ride along the Panama Canal, see the colossal Miraflores Locks in action
- Look out for wildlife in Costa Rica’s national parks
Starting in the graceful colonial city of Granada and ending in bustling Panama City, our route takes us into Costa Rica's steamy rainforests, alongside active volcanoes and to the tropical island paradise of Bocas del Toro. We explore the island of Ometepe at Lake Nicaragua, search for Howler monkeys whilst rafting on the Tenorio River, and ride through rural villages along the Caribbean coast. Our journey ends with a cycle near the Panama Canal, following our visit to the famous Miraflores Locks.
Day 1: Start Granada.
Day 2: Ride along shore of Lake Nicaragua; visit Masaya Volcano N.P.
Day 3: Transfer to San Jorge; ferry to Ometepe Island and cycle to fresh water
Day 4: Ferry to mainland; ride to San Juan del Sur.
Day 5: Ride from Pacific to Lake Nicaragua; transfer to Costa Rica.
Day 6: Wildlife trip on Tenorio River; cycle through Bijagua valley and to Lake
Day 7: Cycle to La Fortuna.
Day 8: Loop morning ride with views of Arenal Volcano; visit thermal springs.
Day 9: Morning ride to Muelle; afternoon cycle near Caribbean coast; transfer to
Day 10: Ride to Panama border; boat to Bocas del Toro islands.
Day 11: Free day in Bocas del Toro.
Day 12: Boat and transfer to Punta Robalo; cycle to Rambala and the Pam Am Highway;
transfer to Playa La Lajas.
Day 13: Tropical lowland forest ride; transfer to Panama City.
Day 14: Ride alongside the Panama Canal.
Day 15: End Panama City.
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation only (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Earn US$ 191+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 September 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 September 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.