- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through three different countries in two weeks
- Relax on Pacific beaches and the idyllic Caribbean islands of Bocas del Toro
- Discover the dramatic Ometepe Island, with its twin volcanic peaks
- Ride along the Panama Canal, see the colossal Miraflores Locks in action
Starting in the graceful colonial city of Granada and ending in bustling Panama City, our route takes us into Costa Rica's steamy rainforests, alongside active volcanoes and to the tropical island paradise of Bocas del Toro. We explore the island of Ometepe at Lake Nicaragua, search for Howler monkeys whilst rafting on the Tenorio River, and ride through rural villages along the Caribbean coast. Our journey ends with a cycle near the Panama Canal, following our visit to the famous Miraflores Locks.
The itinerary was very varied, full on, and I enjoyed the switch backs between the Pacific coast and the Caribbean. A snapshot of the best of the three countries within two weeks. I also really enjoyed the island stays, boat rides, dolphin watching and snorkelling. A real mixed bag, but in particular the cycling was fantastic.”
Day 1: Start Granada.
Day 2: Ride along shore of Lake Nicaragua; visit Masaya Volcano N.P.
Day 3: Transfer to San Jorge; ferry to Ometepe Island and cycle to fresh water
Day 4: Ferry to mainland; ride to San Juan del Sur.
Day 5: Ride from Pacific to Lake Nicaragua; transfer to Costa Rica.
Day 6: Wildlife trip on Tenorio River; Bijagua valley ride; ride to Lake Arenal.
Day 7: Cycle to La Fortuna.
Day 8: Ride up from tropical lowlands with views of Arenal volcano; visit thermal
Day 9: Morning easy ride; short afternoon cycle near the Caribbean coast.
Day 10: Ride to Panama border; boat to Bocas del Toro islands.
Day 11: Free day in Bocas del Toro.
Day 12: Jungle ride; descent to Pan-Am Highway; transfer to Pacific coast.
Day 13: Tropical lowland forest ride; transfer to Panama City.
Day 14: Ride alongside the Panama Canal.
Day 15: End Panama City.
- 11 nights comfortable hotels, 3 nights standard hotels all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 12 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and staff. Min age 16 yrs.
- Tour leader throughout
- Cycling leader and support team
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Granada are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 135 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 385 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 26 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.