- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk along delightful trails between whitewashed mountain villages
- Browse shops offering local crafts such as basketwork, weavings and pottery
- Enjoy the food, the landscapes and the stunning views in this unique region
Often referred to as “the Switzerland of Andalucía”, this region comprises the range of valleys and hills which lie in the lee of the snow-capped Sierra Nevada, Spain’s highest mountains. Criss-crossed by trails which meander through orchards and cultivated terraces, woods, meadows and crystal-clear mountain streams, the Alpujarra offers great opportunities for hikes ranging from the leisurely to the energetic. On this trip there will be the chance to explore some of these trails with your knowledgeable guide and for stopping along the way to enjoy the views, which at times extend to as far as the Mediterranean.
In the whitewashed, steep mountain villages you will find shops offering local crafts such as basketwork, weavings and pottery. There will also be the chance to sample the renowned food of the Alpujarra, which is based on fresh local ingredients such as mountain-cured ham, peppers and honey, in one of the welcoming local restaurants (lunch not included).
The excursion can be tailored to your interests, either on walking between villages (an average walk would be around 7 kilometres, suitable for all with moderately good fitness and agility) or on sightseeing in the villages, visiting craft shops, local museums, etc. Our guides are flexible and will adapt the tour to suit your requirements and interests.
Join us for a day in the magical region to disconnect and immerse yourself in the simpler things of life!
- Return transfer from Granada with private vehicle and driver
- Guide, locally resident and expert in the area, to accompany you throughout
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch in mountain village
- Lunch, drinks or snacks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationJourney time is around 80 minutes one way. For walking, comfortable footwear with a good sole and ankle support, is highly recommended. Inclement weather may necessitate a change of itinerary, which will be decided by your guide in consultation with you.