- Walking tour
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Aguimes A traditional Canarian village
- La Aldea de San Nicolas Hiking in the remote west of the island
- Guayadeque Canyon dramatic ravine with stone age cave dwellings
- Roque Nublo a distinctive rock formation and Gran Canaria's most famous landmark
The volcanic Gran Canaria offers far more than the beaches it is best known for. Staying in Aguimes and remote Aldea, discover dramatic landscapes, steep gorges, high peaks and semi-tropical valleys, exploring the Isla on foot. Roque Nublo - A distinctive rock formation and Gran Canaria's most famous landmark Canarian cuisine and sangria - Dine alfresco in picturesque villages Historic trails - Follow the network of 'caminos reales' to explore the mountainous interior
Day 1 : Join trip in Aguimes
Day 2 : Circular walk to the Guayadeque Canyon
Day 3 : Walk to the base of Roque Nublo
Day 4 : Ancient village trail
Day 5 : Free day. Opportunity to relax or walk in Inagua Forest
Day 6 : Walk to Acusa Seca cave dwellings and Degollada de los Hornos
Day 7 : Descend from village of Santa Lucia to Aguimes
Day 8 : Trip ends in Aguimes
- 7 Breakfasts
- Hotel Rural Casa de los Camellos (4 nights)
- Aldea Suites (3 nights)
- Public Bus
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Gran Canaria are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Canary Islands Walking - Gran Canaria tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Canary Islands Walking - Gran Canaria tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Canary Islands Walking - Gran Canaria tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Canary Islands Walking - Gran Canaria tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.