- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20360
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Walking spectacular sections of the challenging Tour de Monte Rosa
- Being surrounded by an amphitheatre of 4000m peaks
- Sharing your experience with a group of like minded travellers
- Discovering the resort town of Zermatt situated below the iconic Matterhorn peak
Traverse the second highest peak in the Alps to discover a fascinating world of rock, ice and 4000m giants. Standing at 4634m, the enormous massif of Monte Rosa is the highest peak in the Pennine Alps, and the second highest in the entire European Alps. Surrounded by an amphitheatre of even more awe-inspiring 4000m peaks, a hike along the Tour de Monte Rosa is one of the most popular long distance walks in Europe for avid trekkers seeking both a challenging and spectacular route. Following in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci, who studied the peak in the late 15th Century, your experienced mountain guide will take you along ancient trails linking Switzerland to Italy. On the Italian side, traverse the high meadows and forested valleys of Macugnaga, Alagna, Ayas, Champoluc and Gressonney, whilst on the Swiss side, marvel at the tumbling glaciers that feature in this fascinating world of rock and ice. On balcony trails, the panorama of 4000m plus snow-clad peaks, as well as the vast Monte Rosa massif, will take your breath away. Beginning from Graëchen deep in the Valais, the almost circular walk traverses the massif, crossing into Italy before ending back in Switzerland in the pretty ski town of Zermatt. With daily ascents of up to 1750m, this outstanding walk around Monte Rosa will appeal to those wanting a serious challenge in a gorgeous alpine setting.
Day 1 : Meet group in Grächen and walk to Saas Fee (6-7hrs, +800m -1000m)
Day 2 : Trek to Macugnaga via Monte Moro Pass (2868m), (6-7hrs, +653m -1500m)
Day 3 : Walk to Alagna via the Turlo Pass (2738m), (6-7hrs, +1431m -1163m)
Day 4 : Continue through the Val d'Otro to Gressoney (7hrs, +1727m -524m)
Day 5 : Ascend high passes and descend via Lake Forca to Val d'Ayas (6hrs, +850m -900m)
Day 6 : Walk above Cervinia ski resort - superb views to the Matterhorn (7hrs, +1500m -466m)
Day 7 : Continue to Zermatt, trip concludes (6hrs, -1645m)
- 6 nights mountain refuges / gîtes in dormitory style accommodation (upgrade to 3 nights dorm, 3 nights double room - supplement applies)
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- International Mountain Guide
- Luggage transfer by vehicle daily except day 6, 1 piece maximum 15kg
- Taxi Zermatt to Tasch on the last day
- Travel to Grächen and from Zermatt/Tasch
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Storage of excess luggage
- Transfers by taxi or public transport if you need to skip a stage
- Items of a personal nature
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tour de Monte Rosa Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 May 2024, a deposit of 190 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tour de Monte Rosa Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tour de Monte Rosa Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.