- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Unspoilt Mediterranean island, temperate year round climate, perfect for exploring on foot
- Secluded 5star hotel: private rocky cove, swimming pools, tranquil gardens
- Magnificent coastal paths, breathtaking views, colourful fishing villages
- Exotic Mediterranean flora: lemons, figs, peaches, poppies
Blessed with a rugged landscape and spectacular coastline, the island of Gozo is tranquil and verdant. Sleepy towns lay brimming with baroque architecture, gardens and churches, and only the occasional farmhouse punctuates the countryside. Such is the beauty here, that Gozo is thought to be the legendary Calypso's Isle of Homer's Odyssey - a peaceful, mystical backwater. From our base at one of the island’s top hotels, our self-guided walks will unveil the island's charm.
Day 1: Start Gozo
Day 2: Coastal walk from Mgarr port to the narrow creek of Mgarr ix-Xini
Day 3: Walk to Ta' Pinu and Gharb
Day 4: Hike to Xlendi Bay
Day 5: Free day; optional visit to Victoria or Ramla Beach
Day 6: Punic burial site and the Inland Sea
Day 7: Qala to Nadur via Dahlet Qorrot harbour and the hidden beach at San Blas Bay.
Day 8: End Gozo
- All buffet breakfast and 7 dinners
- 7 nights 5-star Hotel Ta'Cenc, all rooms en suite
- 5 days centre-based walking
- Walk as little or as much as you like
- Low altitude throughout
- Self-guided holiday. Min age 12 yrs
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- Route notes and maps
- (if booking Flight Inclusive)
- Arrival & departure transfers - subject to 2 people traveling (if booking Flight Inclusive)
- Any international flights to/from Gozo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Self-guided Walking on the Island of Gozo - Calypso's Isle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Self-guided Walking on the Island of Gozo - Calypso's Isle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Self-guided Walking on the Island of Gozo - Calypso's Isle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Self-guided Walking on the Island of Gozo - Calypso's Isle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.