- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Up Helly Aa
- Dunnottar Castle
- St Andrews
Few have heard of it, let alone been. Our destination is Shetland in the far north of Scotland, where one of the most incredible festivals in Europe is held. On the last Tuesday of January, the town of Lerwick goes more than a little mad. Up Helly Aa is a lot more than a sub-arctic bonfire and booze-up. It’s a superb spectacle, a celebration of Shetland’s history and a triumphant demonstration of the islanders’ skills and spirit. Fifty helmeted Vikings, a burning Norse galley and an all-night party. Unmissable.
DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO LERWICK
DAY 2: SHETLAND
DAY 3: UP HELLY AA
DAY 4: SHETLAND
DAY 5: SHETLAND TO ABERDEEN
DAY 6: ABERDEEN TO EDINBURGH
- 5 nights’ accommodation (3 nights hostel, 2 overnight ferry)
- All transport around Scotland in the famous yellow HAGGiS bus
- All ferry charges
- Legendary local HAGGiS Guide
- Any international flights are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.
- Meals are not included allowing you to keep your options open and eat according to your budget.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 37+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour. You can cancel the tour up to 46 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Up Helly Aa incl. accom. tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All trips depart from HAGGIS HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town