- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Whisky tasting at Scotland’s oldest distillery
- Whisky Distillery
- Wallace Monument
- The Hermitage Forest
This full-bodied tour is rich, earthy, deep, peaty and bold. Visit the acclaimed and exclusive Warehouse No. 9 at the Famous Grouse Experience, and also take a generous swig of Scotland’s remarkable history and natural splendour. It’s fair to say that on this tour you'll get more than just your ‘angels’ share’ of Scotland.
The tour begins with a journey past Scotland’s ancient seat of power, Stirling Castle. You’ll hear the stories that made William Wallace legendary and see the battlefields and castles that have influenced Scotland’s past and present. Further north we arrive at the ‘The Famous Grouse Experience’, one of the most celebrated distilleries of the Highlands. You’ll be taken on an informative tour before being escorted to the exclusive ‘Warehouse No. 9’. This room’s unique aromas and impressive displays are truly breath-taking; and your ‘private nosing and tasting’ is the only whisky lesson you’ll ever need. After a light lunch at the distillery’s restaurant we make our way to Perthshire, where we take a gentle stroll through the woodlands to the cascading Black Linn Falls on the River Braan. Our return journey to Edinburgh will take a final stop to admire the architectural delights of Dunkeld Cathedral, a building that unites Scotland’s Gothic and Norman past.
- Exclusive Whisky Tasting Rooms Experience
- Soup and Sandwich Lunch
- Local Scottish Guide
- Foreign Language Audio Guides Available
- The Famous Grouse Distillery Tour
- Souvenir Map
- Hermitage Forest Walk
- Dunkeld Cathedral
- Any international flights to/from Glasgow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Highlands & A Taste Of The ‘Water Of Life’ tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Highlands & A Taste Of The ‘Water Of Life’ tour. You can cancel the tour up to 49 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 48 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 48 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Highlands & A Taste Of The ‘Water Of Life’ tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Highlands & A Taste Of The ‘Water Of Life’ tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Information
All our trips depart from Highland Explorer Tours HQ which sits halfway along Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile, right in the heart of the Old Town.