- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- After a leaderled orientation walk of Glasgow, you’ll be free to explore this happening city, full of interesting neighbourhoods, free museums and cultural flair.
- Stop by famed locations around Scotland, including the Glenfinnan viaduct – famous as part of Harry Potter’s Hogwarts Express train journey through the countryside.
- You would’ve heard of Loch Ness, but discover the other lochs and waterways around Scotland, plus an optional visit to the mystical Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye.
- Get your walking shoes on for an easy hike up the Ben Vrackie mountainside, and afterwards, learn the ropes of traditional Scottish whisky making at Blair Athol distillery.
You only have to look around to see why Scotland is praised for its natural landscapes and historic buildings. Rolling hills, rocky cliffs and undulating valleys speckled in myriad colours, pristine lochs shimmering even on the coldest of days, and castles dotted throughout the countryside as if you’ve transported back in time. With a 10-day exploration of Scotland’s highlands, lochs and villages, you’ll experience the finest of nature with the warmest of hospitality. Discover the untouched Isle of Skye, the charming Pitlochry, and hit both Scottish hubs of Glasgow and Edinburgh on your way through. With the right amount of small-group adventure, local knowledge and stunning scenery, let the Scottish Highlands enchant you.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park / Glencoe
Glenfinnan / Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Loch Ness / Pitlochry
Highlands / Pitlochry
- Hotel (5 nights), Hostel (4 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts
- Train , Private vehicle , Ferry , On foot
- An expert tour leader
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park - Sightseeing Walk
- Glenfinnan - Viaduct Viewpoint
- Isle of Skye - Neist Point Lighthouse & Fairy Pools
- Pitlochry - Blair Athol Distillery Visit & Whisky Tasting
- Pitlochry - Hike to Ben Vrackie
- Edinburgh - Sightseeing & Scones with a Local Urban Adventure
- Any international flights to Glasgow and from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Scotland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 127+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Scotland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Scotland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Scotland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Scotland can be cold at night throughout the year, especially at the start and end of the season. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions, including base layers, hat, gloves, scarf, waterproof clothes/umbrella and anything else that you think may be applicable.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge (some exceptions may apply). Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Also, hotels in Europe can seem small by Australian or American standards, and often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together/apart.
- This trip is quite fast paced to make the most of your time in Scotland. We will take you on regular orientation walks, so you'll be on your feet quite a lot. While this may be tiring for some, it’s the best way to get your head around a place and to set yourself up for further discoveries.
- While we have thoroughly researched this area of the world to put together this adventure, please be advised that this is a new trip for Intrepid. To be frank, things may not always go to plan. When we head to new destinations, we usually find there are more pleasant surprises in store than unpleasant ones, but the warning is sincere. If this concerns you, we recommend you wait a year until the trip has been ironed out.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers