UK TO CAPE TOWN (23 WEEKS) TRANS AFRICA
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Overland Journeys
- Young Adults
- duration 164 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-80 yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-38572
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore the many medinas, souks and kasbahs throughout Morocco
- Cross the vast Sahara Desert
- Enjoy Senegalese food and some of the best music in West Africa
- Trek wild chimpanzees in Bossou near the Liberia border
- Discover Africa's best kept secrets and pristine beaches in Sierra Leone
- Relax on palm-fringed beaches along the Coastline
- Navigating Keijetia in Kumasi, the largest market in West Africa
- Visit a fetish market to see the still thriving religion of Voodoo
- Travel through some of the densest jungles and toughest terrains
- Climb the active volcano - Mount Cameroon
- Show more
This epic expedition through Africa encompasses all the incredible landscapes, culture & wildlife you could imagine. From the harshness of the Sahara desert, the dense jungles of central Africa and the amazing wildlife of East Africa, the varied landscapes and cultures that make up this continent will leave an indelible mark on you forever. There will be times when it will be extremely tough - harsh terrains, bad roads and extremes of weather, but it will all be worth it! You will discover a continent most travellers only dream of - whilst having the experience of a lifetime!
Day 1-9 : Uk To Fes
Day 9-24 : Fes To Western Sahara
Day 25-34 : Western Sahara To Dakar
Day 35-56 : Dakar To Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 57-78 : Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary To Accra
Day 79-86 : Accra To Lome
Day 87-107 : Lome To Limbe
Day 108-124 : Limbe To Congo
Day 125-133 : Congo To Mitadi
Day 134-144 : Mitadi To Namibian Border
Day 145-164 : Namibia To Cape Town
- Accommodation - approx. 95% camping & 5% simple hostel/hotels
- Meals - approx. 65%
- All road tolls and ferry crossings
- Services of Oasis Crew
- Camping and Cooking equipment
- Local Payment of USD 1900 (2022), USD2000 (2023) or USD 2200 (2024) payable at the start of the trip
- Flight from UK to Gibraltar/Malaga
- Optional Excursions as listed in the Pre-Departure Information
- Airport Taxes & Transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Meals - approx. 35%
- Drinks, snacks and personal expenses
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 285+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this UK TO CAPE TOWN (23 WEEKS) TRANS AFRICA tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2023, a deposit of 251 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
UK TO CAPE TOWN (23 WEEKS) TRANS AFRICA tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this UK TO CAPE TOWN (23 WEEKS) TRANS AFRICA tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
- 'Mini-bubbles' will be created on board the truck in Overland Tours for extra hygiene and infection control. Travelers may be required to take regular PCR tests before crossing borders between countries.
- It is highly recommended that all travelers are fully vaccinated before the tour.