Georgia is an exquisite country that is often not present in many traveller’s bucket list. The country is situated between Asia and Europe, with Russia at its northern border. A holiday to Georgia offers you a very distinct, fusion like cultural vibe that most countries don't provide. There is plenty to do and see in Georgia - from exploring famous caves to trying lavish and culturally rich wines.
- Check out a few of Tbilisi’s many cafes. They are everywhere, ensuring a taste of Georgia!
- Lounge at a few Georgia Black Sea beaches! There’s a beach for everyone- whether you want a vibrant party atmosphere or secluded afternoon on the water.
- If you're a wine lover planning a trip to Georgia, Kakheti is the place to go! Kakheti offers a wide selection of award winning wines that are each worth a try!
- The Svetitskhoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta is a must see! This Eastern Orthodox Cathedral was originally built in the 11th century, making it a great sightseeing experience for those seeking a more historical understanding of Georgia.
- Visit the Jvari Monastery. This Georgian Orthodox monastery is located on a mountaintop, and offers a stunning view of countryside.
- Be patient. Before you reach your destination, it can be stressful. Understand that some hurdles will have to be passed before your beachside reclining.
- Have extra money on hand. It’s so easy to under-budget isn't it? Make sure you have some extra cash, just in case!
- Bring a camera! You can never take enough pictures! Especially of the Georgia countryside!
- Purchasing travel insurance can be essential! If you're planning an extensive visit this is especially a must!
Georgia has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Georgia before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in the country , do check out our Georgia Travel Guide for more information.