- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discover the lesser known spectacular trails of the Ligurian coast on foot
- Explore the famous colourful villages of the Cinque Terre
- Walk through steeply terraced vineyards and visit small monasteries
- Delight in the local cuisine and wines with fresh seafood, pesto and focaccia the staples
Follow the Ligurian coastline on foot from the Portofino peninsula to Portovenere via the Cinque Terre. Italy's Cinque Terre, a series of five small fishing villages dug into the cliffs where the Apennine Mountains meet the Mediterranean coastline, is one of the country's most spectacular sections of coast. This trip provides you with the opportunity to follow the entire coast, from the Portofino peninsula to the colourful town of Portovenere in the south, which will allow you to experience the five famed villages, Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore, as well as the chance to get away from the busier villages to encounter the delights of the lesser known Camogli, Bonassola, Deiva Marina, Framura and Levanto. Following well marked footpaths and mule tracks, each day your walks along the coastal footpaths of the Ligurian Riviera will entertain you with panoramic vistas of the emerald blue Mediterranean Sea, views of lush vineyards and olive groves while inland there are dense pine and chestnut forests waiting to be discovered. Of course, there are also scenic vantage points to admire the colourful villages that make this part of Italy so popular with travellers.
Day 1 : Arrive Camogli
Day 2 : Walk to Portofino via San Fruttuoso (5.5hrs or 3.5hrs)
Day 3 : Enjoy panoramic views on the walk to Deiva Marina via Framura (5hrs or 2.5hrs)
Day 4 : Train to Deiva Marina, continue on foot along the jagged coast to Riva Trigoso via Moneglia (6hrs)
Day 5 : Walk from Bonassola to Monterosso al Mare via Levanto (4.5hrs or 1.5hrs)
Day 6 : Transfer to Soviore and walk back to Monterosso via Vernazza (4hrs or 3hrs)
Day 7 : Walk from Riomaggiore to Portovenere, return to Monterosso (4hrs or 5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in 2-3 star hotels / guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow approx €7-10)
- Information pack including route notes & maps per room booked
- 7 breakfasts - usually continental in style consisting of coffee, tea, pastry. Some breakfasts will be more substantial including breads, cheeses, yoghurt, juice etc.
- Luggage transfer on day 5
- Transfer from Monterosso to Soviore on day 6
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Camogli and from Monterosso al Mare
- Lunches and dinners daily
- Guide - this is a self guided walk
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, unscheduled transfers, laundry etc.
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Cinque Terre card - allow €14.50 for a two day pass (subject to change without notice). The pass is not required on all walking days.
- Local taxes - allow €1-1.5 per person per day - payable locally
- Entrance fees for sites
- Bus trips, boat trips and train trips to get to and from walks.
- Luggage transfer on day 3 - you will need to take your luggage with you on the train to Bonassola in the morning and deposit your luggage at the hotel before starting your walk.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 56 today.
- Save US$ 37+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Portofino and the Cinque Terre tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Portofino and the Cinque Terre tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Portofino and the Cinque Terre tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.