- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Scenic Drives: Travel beside Lake Geneva, along the Rhone Valley and through the Simplon Pass. Experience the beauty of Lake Maggiore as you travel along its shores through the Italian Lake District. Continue through Julier Pass and Engadine Valley, pass the Grisons Alps, Walensee and beside Lake Zurich.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet in the lake. With the help of a Local Expert, look out for Lord Byron's name which he carved into a pillar.
Discover a land of contrasting scenery, people and languages, offering a unique blend of interests and wonders.
Day 1: Geneva, City of Gardens
Day 2: Montreux, Chillon and the Matterhorn Village of Zermatt
Day 3: Free Time in Zermatt
Day 4: Elegant Baveno
Day 5: Grison Alps to Chic St. Moritz
Day 6: Scenic Train Ride, Liechtenstein and Lucerne
Day 7: The Summit of Stanserhorn
Day 8: Leave Lucerne for Zrich
- Geneva: What better way to start your Swiss journey than with a typical Swiss meal in a chalet-styled local restaurant! Au Petit Chalet are known for their delicious Swiss sausages served with Rosti potatoes and fresh Perch fillets, not to mention the decadent Chocolate Fondue and fresh fruit that is served for dessert!
- Zermatt: Choose between fine local restaurants, with an option to experience the typical Swiss meal of fondue, on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Lucerne: Toast to new friends and Swiss adventures during your Celebration Dinner at Restaurant Seeblick.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Any international flights to Geneva and from Zurich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Glorious Switzerland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 109+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Glorious Switzerland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Glorious Switzerland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Glorious Switzerland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.