- Cover Gdansk's best sights within 5 hours;
- After the guided tour keep exploring the city on your own!
Your guide will show you Oliwa Cathedral and Gdansk Old Town and enrich your knowledge about these well-known city sights.
The tour meeting point is located outside the main port gate, where your guide will be waiting for you. After all the members have arrived, board the bus and get prepared for an exciting overall tour along the city of Poland located on the Baltic coast.
After departing from the port of Gdynia, your guide will provide you with the narration regarding Gdansk’ influence upon Poland and the world on the whole.
The 12th-century Oliwa Cathedral will astound you with its rich history and the variety of art pieces that it contains. You will have an opportunity to behold art masterpieces of Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and Classical styles. Most of all, you are going to see the glorious Oliwa Organ which holds 5100 pipes.
Before arriving to the Old Town, there will be photo stops on the way where it is possible to take pictures of historical sights dated back to the 20th century, including the island where the World War II broke out, the shipyard known for beginning of the Cold War and the Solidarity Square where working class members expressed their protest against limitation of their rights.
In the Old Town you are going to have a walking tour along the main street where it will be possible to see the Golden and Green Gate, and learn the latter gate’s interesting story of why it is named green, though it is brown in colour.
This incredible town will strike you with its history of survival after the 20th century sad events which caused a great amount of pain in the city. Get acquainted with St. Mary’s Basilica, the world’s biggest brick cathedral of the world, and the Town Hall of Gdansk, a Gothic-Renaissance historical building. Please note that St. Mary’s Basilica interiors guided tour is not included, though you may pay a visit to it on your own in your free time at the end of the tour.
Gdansk is famous for being D. G. Fahrenheit’s hometown which used to be called ‘Danzig’ at that time. Have a walk along the street where this world’s prominent physicist had lived!
Once the Old Town walking tour finishes, you will be able to proceed exploring the city on your own, make purchases or have a cup of coffee at a local café.
At the appointed place, get ready to meet your guide in time to be transferred back to the cruise ship.
NOTE: The program is flexible and depends on the city traffic and the landmark’s schedule. The guided tour of the Oliwa Cathedral interiors cannot be guaranteed, as there may be private events (weddings, religious services) held.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for 5 hours
- Port pick-up and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer
- Panoramic city tour by bus
- Walking tour in Old Town
- Oliwa Cathedral visit (subject to availability due to religious services and private events)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- St. Mary's Basilica (recommended to visit during free time)
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• This is a shared small-group tour. Maximum number of tour participants: 16
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Not wheelchair accessible
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
At the time of booking cruise passengers must provide:
• Cruise ship name
• Lead Passenger Name
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.