- duration 6 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
The forested slopes of Kunisaki peninsula of Kyushu have samurai castles, Buddhist temples, and rugged volcanic nature to reveal. Many overlook this remote corner of Kyushu, but those who make the effort will discover some of the most undisturbed pawā spotto (spiritual places) in all of Japan.
We meet in Fukuoka and quickly head out with a ride along the Chikugo River to an Edo-era town. After climbing up our only significant hill, we descend to the town of Usa and visit a Shinto shrine dating back to 708. Then ride around the conical 731-m high Mt. Futago volcano that has 28 ravines extending from the centre. Cycling around the perimeter allows us to avoid climbing and we can explore the beaches, ports and some hidden temples in the forest. This area is also very rural and known for producing scallions, leeks, tomatoes and prized kabosu limes.
Before we leave the peninsula we'll visit the town Kitsuki, often referred to as "little Kyoto" of Kyushu Island. This picturesque town is often used today as backdrops for Japanese movies based in the Edo Period. We'll go to the historic Samurai district and to Kitsuki Castle, the smallest in Japan. We end our tour in one of Japan's top spa destinations, Beppu. Besides luxuriating in an onsen you can also see Beppu's unique hot springs where the water bubbles forth in different manifestations - ruby red water, steamy blue, muddy brown and even a geyser that shoots off about every 35 minutes.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Bike Hire Included
- Any international flights to Fukuoka and from Beppu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kyushu Onsen to Onsen tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 594 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kyushu Onsen to Onsen tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kyushu Onsen to Onsen tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2