- Bicycle tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Local culture
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the beautiful Shiraito Falls or the Grand Temple, depending on the season
- Visit historical spots and the local bakery in the mountain village
- Enjoy handmade soba (buckwheat) noodles and tempura for lunch
- Tour a traditional sake brewery
From March to November, the tour starts with a slow and easy bike ride down to the majestic Shiraito Falls. Once at the falls, you can learn about their history, briefly explore the pool at the bottom, and take photos with the breathtaking falls as a backdrop.
During the months of December to February when it would be too cold to visit the waterfalls, the tour starts with a visit to the Nishiyama Honmoji Temple to learn about its history and unique characteristics.
The tour continues with a ride around the satoyama (mountain village). As you cycle to the village, delight in the scenic views of the rural landscapes and rice fields with Mount Fuji in the background. Experience a glimpse of the locals’ daily lives as you try some bread from the village bakery, and visit the elementary school and some historical spots around the village.
For lunch, we will stop at a local soba (buckwheat noodle) restaurant where you can feast upon hand-made noodles with finely-battered tempura and locally grown vegetables (vegetarian or Muslim-friendly meals are available). As you relax and enjoy your meal, you can also have a friendly chat with the owner who has been running the shop for over 25 years and has personally prepared your meal.
The tour ends with a visit to a local sake brewery, where you can learn about the sake-making process from an 18th generation owner. Listen to him share his personal family stories, and try different types of sake.
Let’s get on our mountain bikes, and enjoy this adventure at the foot of Mount Fuji!
- Bike and helmet rental
- Handmade soba lunch with local vegetable tempura
- Visit to the historical sake brewery and tasting
- English speaking guide
- Transportation to and from Shin Fuji or Fujinomiya station
- Any international flights to/from Fujinomiya are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Fuji Satoyama Village Cycling Ecotour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationBring a rain jacket and pants (in case of rain), comfortable clothes and your own bottle. We highly appreciate bringing your own water bottle to reduce plastic waste (free rental bottles are available!)