- Eco tour
- Food tour
- Local culture
- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sample the unique Mt. Fujishaped sushi at a quaint sushi bar
- Savor Fujinomiya’s famous yakisoba (fried noodles)
- Snack on fresh fruits and desserts at friendly local shops
- Visit a blacksmith with over 150 years of history
The first food we will try is yakisoba. Fujinomiya yakisoba (fried noodles) is one of Fujinomiya's most well-known local delights. This noodle dish was invented in Fujinomiya after World War II when people sought out ways to keep food fresh for a longer period. Fujinomiya yakisoba is unique because they are not boiled before being pan-fried, thus, giving the noodles a rougher and distinctive texture, and addictive flavor.
After having a taste of yakisoba, the next stop is a local confectionery shop where you can try some fluffy sponge cake that has been an all-time favorite among the locals. Next is a visit to a local blacksmith with over 150 years of history to see how locally-famous Japanese knives are made. You will get to see how knives are sharpened and have the opportunity to try-out the knives yourselves. From there, we will walk through a small street, tucked away from the main roads, to reach a fruit store where you can snack on some seasonal, fresh, locally-grown fruit.
The last stop is a quaint local sushi bar, where you can enjoy the original Mt. Fuji-shaped sushi.
Experience the local life in this small town, and enjoy the authentic Japanese foods and historical culture of Fujinomiya on this two and a half-hour-long food tour!
- 2 half-sized lunches
- Seasonal fruit snack
- Japanese sweets
- Visit to the local Mt Fuji shrine
- Visit to a blacksmith
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from and to Shin-Fuji or Fujinomiya station
- Any international flights to/from Fujinomiya are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Fuji Local Food and Culture Ecotour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationWe highly appreciate bringing your own water bottle to reduce plastic waste (free rental bottles are available!)