- duration hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See spectacular views on your hike
- Enjoy a small group experience
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide
Experience the Franz Josef Glacier at its most dynamic, with New Zealand’s best hiking guides. Walk up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed, following the glacier's path through remarkable landscapes and spectacular views.
The Franz Josef Glacier Valley Walk will take you up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed, following the glacier's path as it winds its way through this remarkable landscape. Here you will learn about the glacier's history, see what this majestic giant leaves behind, and learn the legend of Ka Roimata o Hinehukatere. Near the terminal face, after a brief climb you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the glacier’s rapidly changing terminal face.
- Experienced glacier guide
- Breathable rain jacket
- Socks and sturdy boots (or you have the option to wear your own hiking boots)
- Waterproof over-trousers (if required)
- Woolen hats and gloves (if required)
- Meals & drinks
- Glacier walk
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 17 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Franz Josef Glacier Valley Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Franz Josef Glacier Valley Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
WHAT TO BRING: 2-4 warm upper body layers ideally wool or polypro (not cotton), quick drying trousers or shorts (no jeans), food and drinks for the day, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera and backpack.
We recommend that you don't take with you iPods / MP3 players, mobile phones, passports, wallets, car/room keys.