- Wine tasting tour
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit vineyards in the the Elgin wine region, known for its cooler climate
- Experience the subtle differences between wines produces in higher and lower altitudes
- Design the itinerary to accommodate your interests
Their wines are, quite simply, somewhat different from their 'lowland' neighbours in the Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl areas of the Western Cape. They benefit from the region's cooler climate, due to which the grapes take longer to ripen on their vines and carry an elegance and finesse that typifies handcrafted wines.
From a learning perspective, the full-day experience will also provide an opportunity, subject to availability and prior appointment, for you to take a cellar tour, meet the wine makers, their assistants and viticulturists to get a more nuanced perspective on the effect of a cool climate on grapes.
Discuss your wine preferences with your guide prior to commencing the tour in order to put together an itinerary. However, you also have the chance to modify the itinerary with your guide as the tour progresses. Visit up to six wineries in the Elgin wine region. While lunch is on your own account, your tour guide will always be there to recommend and arrange a lunch venue for you.
- Wine-tasting fees
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.