- Wine tasting tour
- Food tour
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit 3 Franschhoek estates, indulge in unique food & wine pairings
- Enjoy a morning stroll through the gardens of Babylonstoren
- Taste charcuterie, biltong, chocolate and many other South African favorites
- Discover the art and science behind food & wine pairing
Every one of the 300 varieties of plants you will come across in the gardens is edible or has medicinal values. Additionally, all produce is grown as organically as possible and in a biologically sustainable manner. The fruits and vegetables from the gardens are harvested all year round for two farm-to-fork restaurants.
After working up your appetite, head over to Moreson Wine Estate, a tranquil garden paradise located on the outskirts of Franschhoek. Relax in its shaded patio and indulge in 3 different locally sourced and handcrafted charcuteries paired with the award-winning Moreson wine. Each pairing strives to showcase the characteristics of both the charcuterie and the wine and demonstrate how they can enhance each other.
Your third stop is a heritage estate in Franschhoek where you will learn about the art and science of food and wine pairing. Enjoy 4 perfectly made canapés paired with local wines. Discover how flavors and textures in food and wine interact with each other to create a totally new tasting experience. Your specialist guide will explain how the tastes of sugar, acid and tannins in wine can either be accentuated or minimized when paired with certain foods.
End the day at yet another fantastic Franschhoek estate where you will discover the essence of the South African foodie lifestyle. Take a seat and enjoy a premium food and wine pairing involving Methode Cap Classique wine (made in the Champagne method) and delicious canapés from the restaurant kitchen.
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private guide/driver
- Garden entrance fees
- 1 wine or coffee tasting
- 3 unique food & wine pairings
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged
24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation
3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation
30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred