- Winter adventures
- Christmas markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Explore Berlin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Weimar, Dresden and Leipzig
- Visit the Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Wartburg Castle in Eisenach (Sat/Sun only), Erfurt, Weimar, Dresden, Leipzig and ascend the Berlin TV Tower
- View the Opera House and Zwinger Palace in Dresden and the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Building in Berlin
- Connect With Locals Join the locals for an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner at Wiesenstein Victoria Luise, filled with Swabian and south German flavours.
- Dive Into Culture Experience the delights of Germany's oldest and most traditional Christmas market Dresden's Striezelmarkt. The blaze of lights, the scent of mulled wine and Christmas music make this onceinalifetime visit a pleasure for all the senses.
- Show more
Travel to the enchanting land of Germany's Christmas markets, sharing the festive season spirit and Gemütlichkeit of the locals, amidst magical fairy lights, rousing oompah music and the spicy scents of Glühwein.
Day 1: Welcome to Frankfurt
Day 2: Venture to Nuremberg
Day 3: Off to Weimar
Day 4: Journey to Dresden
Day 5: Discover the Festive Atmosphere at Dresden Christmas Markets
Day 6: Admire Magical Leipzig and on to Berlin
Day 7: Explore Berlin
Day 8: Farewell to Germany
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- 2 Dinners
- 7 Breakfasts
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Any international flights to Frankfurt and from Berlin are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this German Christmas Markets tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this German Christmas Markets tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 July 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
German Christmas Markets tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this German Christmas Markets tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.